Sent from an Active JW Elder's Wife: NWT in the News! Jehovah Must be Blessing his People!

by rubadubdub 10 Replies latest jw friends

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Subject:Bill would allow elective Bible study in schools Look at the Bible; they are using the NEW WORLD TRANSLATION in this news broadcast. Click on the link below to watch.

http://shar.es/jlBax

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Will the bill allow for elective study of the Torah, Quran, Buddhism, Hinduism, Native American religions, Wicca, and the Book of Mormon?

If not, that bill will never pass.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

They must have a witness working at the station and used their bible for file footage. Funny it had nothing to do with the NWT.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

NWT in the News! Jehovah Must be Blessing his People

• Mum
    Mum

Apparently, this story took place in North Carolina. Next door, in Tennessee, there are already "Bible as History" classes in the public schools. My second husband (not a JW) taught Bible History classes in the Chattanooga, TN public schools for about 26 years. If anyone wanted to teach it, he already has lesson plans, tests, syllabus and workbook online. Google "teacherweb Bible History," and I think his link will be the first to come up. His class was very scholarly. He taught to the top, but graded on the curve so students would have a fair chance at passing the course.

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Dazed but not confused--bingo! Exactly my reply, "Wow! There must have been a witness working at the station."

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

Mum, those resources on teacherweb are GREAT!

• Mum
    Mum

I'm glad you found them useful, ICA. Mark is one of the smartest people I ever met.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The watchtower society does not approve bible discussion groups not organised by them, they also don't allow personal intepretation..... So what use is their version?

Who wants a modern English version of the Jewish scrolls from thousands of years ago, put together by the Catholic Church? Hmmmm ?

Now I'm in the world (that felt weird to say) ...... I can't think of any type of person who would fall for such an offer......

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

So when the news shows the King James, does that prove God is blessing the Anglicans?

Maybe send this link and ask if she still thinks being in the news means Jehovah's Blessing.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/slamming-the-door-on-jehovah-20130315-2g6fo.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit