Goofey CO visit..your comments please

by Kensho 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Kensho
    Kensho

Greetings,

I don't post here often but do read daily, wanted to share a couple of interested things from recent CO visit,

Good talk on opening night about forgiveness etc. etc.. (to bad the borg doesn't practice this) but then on cong. bible (book ) study night his talk was on “the righteous cannot be stumbled”, He gave many examples of people falling out of truth due to others imperfections, that the end not here when we expected it, pressures from the devil..yada yada yada

then the big bomb..

stumbling over what we perceive to be the timing and mishandling of things by the elders or things we think are not handled by them at all.

To quote CO

“When it comes to those committing serious wrongdoing (that are hidden) in the cong. Jesus and Jehovah know and will expose it in the appropriate time”

The CO's explanation is that the publishers are always behind on decisions that have already been made by the elders, the elders are always behind decisions made in heaven, some decisions could have been made by Jehovah days, weeks , months or even years in advance when it comes to the wrongdoing that is eventually exposed by him on his timetable.

Well I guess that explains how a child molester takes so long to be "outed"

So my question for you.. Would this explain to the R&F members the child abuse cases like Candice Conti and many others that it's OK because the decision was made in heaven and it just takes Jah to get the chain of command up to speed?

I wanted to discuss this with the CO so I forced myself to go in service the next day knowing he would pick me to work with him because I am an ex-elder and very close to inactive.

So walking door to door chatting (you could tell he was waiting for an opp. To do the “CO thing” then there it was Soooo... Brother Kensho you usedto serve as an elder correct? ( are you kidding me! Like he didn't know that) I said yes that is true. CO could you serve again do have thedesire? Big pause I replied "I want be honest with you NO!, he did not know what to say he looked totally shocked and then replied..”.Well I guess that would be important.”

This was my opening to ask about the comments he made during his talk,(using the Conti case as an example) but he dropped me like a hot potato and switched me with another brother. rats foiled again!

All I can say is being awake to TTATT has made it so much easier to spot the horse squeeze these guys put out and of course the R&F members would not even be aware of the Conti case although it could be sourced from the media without going to “apostate” sites.

Kensho

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

my wife has the co this week, same talk lol

• Ding
    Ding

So if the elders know about serious wrongdoing but don't take action, it's always because Jehovah doesn't want them to take action yet?

Does this mean that the elders are infallible?

Do they never mess up?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Kensho, my study elder came off as an elder when I was a teen. I knew he was an intelligent, humble and caring man. I could see him discomfort in the religion and his meeting attendance dropped and then dissapeared. His parents had help establish the congregation, he was missing in his absense.

That elder contributed to me leaving, I always knew that whatever the reason was..... it was a good one.

Kensho, I assure you, you can do good by making such a stand and being honest. I have moved away to study, I would love to talk to that elder again.

Snare.

• Kensho
    Kensho

unstopableravens wow maybe we are in the same hall, that would be a hoot! Kensho

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

What bollox!

I discovered an elder had been dishonest for 6 years and in that time made an elder in 2 different congregations while carrying on with his fraudulent practices.

Is he saying then that holy spirit can appoint some-one an elder but we have to wait for Jah to expose wrong doing and he's got too much on his plate to sort it in time to stop a corrupt elder getting appointed.

As far as I am aware this elder has still not been exposed and is unlikely too now so he got away with it that time. It has since come to my attention that he is now working elsewhere with fake qualifications!!

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Please take this rant for what it is worth. For the 40+ years of being in the 'TRUTH', I have taken many elders to task. All I got in return was," Leave it in Jehovahs hands, when it's His time he will take care of it" I told a elder one time "BULL SHIT, you have accepted Jehovahs invitation to be a elder and take care of his congeration, keep it clean and now when a nerve is being struck, you shirk your responsibility and pass it back to God. Brother your doing this and it disqualifies you as an elder".

Needless to say, It did not go well for me. But if you say yes to being an elder "man up" after all are you not in Christ's right hand? Imagine how Christ feels when this invitation is extended and then you do not do the work assigned. How HYPOCRITICAL!!!!!!!

Affectionately,

Brother of the Hawk

• whathappened
    whathappened

Being a CO must be a good gig if you can get it. They are looked up to and no one in the congregation dares tell them what to do. He dropped you like a hot potatoe. He didn't want to hear the truth, did he? He didn't want to talk it out. Perhaps he will catch you later.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Did he manage to back up his "theory" with the Bible.

Anymore,they are just making blatant statements like this and don't share any scriptures to go along with it. Why should we take their word for it?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

oooh to be a CO, no belongings, no future, no wages, no home, no security, no life..... but a little power. Just become a traffic warden...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit