Ricky Gervais on atheism & some ideas we can relate to

by alecholmesthedetective 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58
    Well, OK Lars, you are entitled to claim whatever you do, as am I to not take it so seriously but I'll believe it when I see the evidence. I just ask you to forgive me. Oh and I don't mean any disrespect, but the personal interview with God thing is so funny to me! I had mental pictures of Christ back in heaven and God calling him into his office for his performance review, 'Right, Jesus, let's get cracking....' Sorry I got carried away.

That's the whole point. Those to whom God appears personally he makes it impossible to share that with others who will not consider them mentally ill. They can't believe it unless they see it for themselves. So this is something special for a few insiders. What it does for us is allows us to skip all that rhetoric from Satan about evolution and even convincing chronology about the fall of Jerusalem in 587 BCE. We can just ignore it because ultimately it has zero effect on the truth of the Bible and zero reference on whether or not God is real. So, yes, of course, you can't believe, but I'm forced to believe.

But be encouraged, when Armageddon starts, everybody will be on the same page.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Alright Lars, thanks. I'll wait and see.

Alec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit