How often did you comment at meetings?

by LDH 41 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

As little as I could.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Mulan
    Mulan

Interesting topic.

I was a regular commenter. It is our theory, that it's the ones who were Bible students (more or less) who eventually see the idiocy of the doctrines. True, in our case, for sure.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• DB
    DB

After my tenure as an elder, I stopped totally at KH meetings for about 6 months.

Now 18 months later, I have again stopped all commenting at KH meetings, and I did not comment at the book study I most recently attended.

Unless I am in full agreement with all that is taught there, I won't comment at meetings. And lately, I have not been in agreement with it.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Well, there was this friendly competition with another brother that was ongoing. The object was to bring out a “side bar” point to awe all those present.

You know, the type of “extra” point or points not in the study article that made you think “wow, inside information,” or, “I never thought of it that way.”

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

DB: What are they studing now a days? I got out just as they started the Daniel book..........

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

i hated commenting at the meetings and would do it as little as possible. lucky thing my mom and dad weren't commenters either, they never forced us kids to comment :) all seven of us sitting there without raising our hands hehe. at the bookstudy i'd comment out of sheer boredom sometimes, but usually i just daydreamed. weird thing is at school i always had my hand up. hmmmm

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Issiah book is the current book study, and its a load of crap.

I used to comment 2-3 times a meeting, except during the school/service meeting. I would usually comment when nobody else would raise their hands, when you couldn't read the answer right out of the book. I hate that, when somebody reads the whole damn paragraph back as the answer but interchanges jehovah/god so it wasn't a direct quote...BAH Just showes me these people don't think for themselves. I stopped commenting at WT study because i can get away with it. My father in law is the PO and the guy who was formally known as the book study conductor, now book study overseer. I get the guilty look after meeting and don't hear from him for a week or so if i don't comment a lot. And now that we have to turn in time to the men formally known as book study conductors, ie my father in law, he gets to directly see my 3 hrs (cough cough, i can count this time here, right) per month. Oh well, at least it won't shock him when i get the guts to bail.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I used to do the last paragraph/ review box thing alot. Rarely commented more than once at any KH meeting.

Would have to comment more at bookstudies out of necessity during those awkward dead spots or when put on the spot by the conductor.

I hated demonstrations and avoided them at all costs. All talks were well rehearsed and a product of much thought. Even mistakes were deliberately added and things such as me grasping for words were faked to give a well rehearsed talk an unpolished and natural feel.

I also admit to the game of throwing in unusual words in comments and talks as an inside joke for friends in the audience. We were bored.. What else was there to do but try to find something to smile about in the classroom with no windows.

Path

• Patriot
    Patriot

They had me up on stage most of the time so I got away with commenting alot.

The need was great!!!

• picosito
    picosito

I was an elder and tried to give an answer in the Watchtower study that went somewhat outside of what was printed in black and white in the paragraph, in the hopes of stimulating some thinking ability, but sure enough, Faithful Pioneer Sister Irksome always raised her hand right after my comment to repeat what was IN PRINT in the paragraph. The WT conductor always called on her right after me, of course, and always said, "Fine answer, Sister Irksome." I could always sense her staring at me with a smirk after each occasion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit