I Just Had A JW Come To My Work And Offer Me A Memorial Invitation And A Magazine!!!

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

That's how the field service is going at the moment. Because i'm fading, not all the publishers do recognice me. So, a sister gave me the invitation, I told her "Thank you" and closed the door. They did not know I was a member of her congregation. It all happens in 20 seconds.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, they were on a mad dash, it seemed.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

@minimus: I don't understand that the more then average educated publisher will place only invitations and then rushes to the next door.

It's more effective to place the invitations by advertorial mail services.

Some one wrote a few month's ago on JWD that the witness publishers are not longer necessary in short term future.

• minimus
    minimus

When was the last time a JW actually preached to someone in an assigned setting and brought someone to be baptized? The only ones that do get baptized are children of JWs, so it seems.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I've seen it happen Minimus, and with those few instances all had significant mental issues.

• Sulla
    Sulla

When was the last time a JW actually preached to someone in an assigned setting and brought someone to be baptized?

1972. A JW knocked on the door to my parents' house, followed by a study, followed by baptism. They recall at a critical point, the brother who was conducting their study told them that there was a "ring of truth" with the JWs. It sounds true, he said.

Six years later, he ran off with his admin. Left wife and three children. When he died (young), of his few millions of dollars in his estate, he left precisely nothing to his children by his first marriage.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

I had a loud pounding on my door this morning! I was still in my jammies, but it sounded so urgent, that I answered. It was a woman from the old congregation with an invitation to the Memorial and 2 magazines. She's nice, but a little quirky. She told me how much she missed me (really, haven't seen you in like 5-6 years), and gave me the invite and newest mags. She was kind of pushing into my partially opened door, but I think that is just her way.She kept asking me if I was o.k., was I feeling ill? I just took them without saying anything, and she left. I am wondering if they got my DA letter, but don't think I will follow up on that. Don't care anymore.

She was with her husband, who is now a witness! He wasn't really even going to the hall when I was still in. So they are still baptising new ones who are not kids of witnesses.

• happy@last
    happy@last

They sometimes come to my office, I've now prepped my staff to ask them ”if a member of your family leaves, will you shun them?" I'm curious to know how that goes. My office is in a different congs territory to where I went, though I'd still be recognised if I was in reception.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Remember when we use to do business territory during the Circuit Overseer's visit during the week day. Then the co. would go on his way and we were supposed do follow up on any contact he made. Worker's were always busy doing work, yet we were stealing time from the employer who paid the worker to work not gab about religion.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

JW's visit daytime strip clubs now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit