I Just DON'T Understand!

by RobertT18 16 Replies latest jw friends

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

Hahaha ^

• trujw
    trujw

Prodigal son JW style

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

Father: Dam right you are not worthy.

Have you been to the elders?

Have you gone to 12 months of meetings?

Have you been forgiven in a back room in a seret meeting judged by three men?

Has it been announced on a stage with a microphone?

Get lost son come back in twelve months and be sure to know I wont be checking up on you even to see how you are doing.

• QC
    QC

@RobertT18

Prodigal son is not analogous to Adam.

Forbidden to eat of "Tree of knowledge" was not a deprivation of food. So it did not interfere with Adam's lifestyle. Eating it was "running the red light" of authority. The question at issue is: who regulates justice, is it a "free market" situational and personal standard, or is it a centralized universal transcendent standard?

Adam was created perfect, which means he had perfect ability (moral compass and intellectual tools) to navigate planet earth perfectly. His conscience should have stopped his questioning sovereignty. To do so is as foolish as questioning the laws of physics e.g. gravity.

Moral law works the same way; God is a God of justice, which necessitates sovereign law.

Although there is sovereign law, his granting free will means God is not a micromanager. Which means God allows the children Adam to exercise CHOICES and time for remediation. This requires, according to sovereign law, a process to play out involving a messiah.

So, Adam had choices to do as he pleased, but no one is autonomous with God, including angles (like Satan).

• sir82
    sir82
    including angles

You're so obtuse.

• Tater-T
  • Gopher
    Gopher
    What does GOD has to prove?

Whatever the Watchtower Society decides he must prove.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T
    including angles (like Satan)

but their sins don't cause death.. jehovah is going to Kill them, if he didn't they wouldn't die .. so why the difference?

jehovah didn't kill... Adam... he died do to his sin.. angels sin.. yet they live for a very long time .. and get to continue to mislead man .. or continue to sin .. why that sounds like an unjust God to me..

or maybe it's just a made up story

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit