It,s time to fight back, this is getting out of hand.

by jam 98 Replies latest jw experiences

• jam
    jam

Finkelstein: I sorry but I don,t think you will get the support

protesting at Assemblies, I may be wrong. But you must

remerber their are just as many still in the borg (ones that know

it,s BS) that is trying to fade. If you could get commitments from

2-3 thousands folks to protest at one assembly, then yes a good

plan.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I hear you Jam but one point that could be levied against that is when a person is openly and public announced to be shunned

does cause many times by the congregation and family that to such a dire extent that it some to commit suicide.

The lessen of standing away from evil ones might be considered fair and just but shunning people outright for things like sexuality indifference

and the occurring possibility of these ones to commit suicide, is surly enough to draw up anger and disgust by the majority of the population.

The other problem that occurs with this is that perhaps a person realizes their wrong but they taken the stand that they don't want to further continue

being a member of the faith, they are only left with one option, to either go back and make a pretentious repeal for forgiveness just so that can carry

on a relationship with their own families.

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

Is there any reason somebody coudn't just go into the conventions and leave pamphlets etc in the restrooms etc? Just something with the website addresses? Hell, what's to stop someone from going in with a tshirt and walking around during lunch?

Have the owners of these venues been contacted about what they are supporting by allowing the JWs to congregate there?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes I agree with the amount of protesters, there has to a significant amount to make a real earnest impression.

Half a dozen is pretty much pointless.

60 or 70 now your talking

The intent has be instigated to attract the public's attention in an obvious and informative way.

• RainbowSerpent
    RainbowSerpent

never mind just realized already a topic on it...n00b...carry on

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Personally, I was thinking of printing out standard Avery address labels, with something like:

"Always get a second opinion"

www.jwfacts.com.

(Maybe Mr. Grundy already thought of this)

If you are still in, you could discreetly place them in/on the literature and return it. I wish I had thought of this last week when I returned two new Bible Teach books I knew I wouldn't be placing.

Also, lately I have noticed a lot of magazines at libraries and coffee shops. Why not pretend to be checking them out and add your sticker? ") Don't forget the laundromats!

Carpe Diem!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Protest is a numbers game. Get big enough numbers, and you will get media coverage.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/colin-delany/by-the-numbers-how-social_b_1011049.html

Social media is a bigger player now.

I understand that protesters are getting more creative to grab the media spotlight. There might be costumes and themes (i.e. rainbow parade) to grab attention.

Keep it positive.

• jam
    jam

Finkelstein: good point, can you imagine the public

response when they find out that ex members have

commited sucide due to shunning, not hear say but

direct knowledge of the sucide. That,s a good point

to bring out, if we suceed in reaching the public. LOL

Ok, so what are we going to do folks, write letters or

protest?

• jam
    jam

Gypsy; That,s a good idea, whatever means possible. Hit

them inside the congregation and outside (the media), you

are under attack, not by the government, not by Satan,

we who want our families back. I know there been those here

who have tried rallying the troops in the past, but come on

folks how much are we going to take.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

What other people think about me really doesn't matter, especially if the go a Kingdumb hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit