by DATA-DOG 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Londo111
  • Pterist
    Pterist

Thanks brother !

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hey Londo!

Sorry, I thought you knew it was me! I appreciate your comments as usual.

Christ Alone,

That is very interesting. I am going to using some personal quiet time to meditate on this whole subject. I have often wondered about Matt 26:28.

Wolfman,

I am glad you feel that way. I do too. Isn't that the point of having open discussions with eachother? We can each bring a spiritual gift to someone else. I was encouraged by your comment! My on-line Brothers and Sisters are all that keep me going. I do not receive any encouragement at the KH.

Peace,

DD

• tornapart
    tornapart

Talking to others that know nothing about JWs is eye opening. When you start to tell them things that you are troubled by they are actually horrified!

Total preterism doesn't make sense to me but I can see a point of view for partial preterism. Anyway, I only started partaking last year I don't want to stop yet! LOL

Don't I know you guys DD, Londo and CA?? ;)

• tec
    tec

I do not know the terms for all the different views; I do not even know what all the different views are. I do not need to... I need only listen to Christ.

But I do know that He is still coming.

Yes, he did return and not leave us as orphans... he returned as the Holy Spirit... and poured his spirit upon those at the penetcost. He did not lie, and that is fulfilled... "some who were standing there did not taste death" before this happened.

But He will also return in the same way that He left, and every eye will see Him. He will gather all those who belong to Him. That has not yet happened.

So yes, I am in agreement with all of you that we continue to partake of the blood and body of Christ, until He returns and tells us otherwise.

Much peace and love to you all,

tammy

• Quendi
    Quendi

As a “partial preterist” I also believe that partaking of communion is no longer relevant for Christians. Hence, when I attend other church services which feature communion, I remain in my seat. At the same time, I have no problem with those who do participate and partake in the ceremony.

Quendi

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Data-Dog: I found myself rearranging my words early on, afraid to bring shame or reproach on the Organization. The sad thing is the Organization has no love or concern and has no problems using the fierce ad-hominen attacks against anyone they preceive as a threat.

I like when people tell me what they believe and I don't have to watch them do some verbal Indian style Yogi stretches, their ability to twist and wind their bodies all up without giving a clue of what they believe. Websites who promise Witnesses freedom often don't tell their readers what they (The Source) believe, they do the Limbo, dance the Tango, or the boot-scoot boogy to avoid telling you what they believe.

Talking with a Lutheran minister of sixty years was refreshing for me, I made friends with him and enjoy sitting back discussing deeper doctrinal issues than I could with most JWs because they were too lazy to read the magazines or buy extra materials to study. My new friend went on a tour of the Holy Land and invited me to join him on another one coming in this October of Paul's Missions to Turkey, Spain and Crete and Greece. I might take him up on his offer, it's refreshing to talk with people who think spiritual things instead the regular JW Elder Drinking and Gluttony Gossiping Feasts. I am happy for you Dog!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Personally I have left behind rigid views relating to ritual.

However it does seem all rather pointless if we do not eat and drink spiritually.

What good is the shadow without the reality?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit