If you believed the Bible was the true word of God, you'd believe...

by TTWSYF 12 Replies latest social humour

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I dunnu, that Jesus was/is worshipped perhaps

John 5;23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

but how can anyone really believe the bible..at all

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yes it seems that both the father and son have a territorial claim to be honored because they share the same insecurities about being irrelevant in time.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Tater T= there are literally thousands of ancient copies of manuscripts OT copies, but you are correct that there are no originals.

The reason could be that most traditions and stories ALL started orally before they could be written.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Yep I really wish all the believers on here would go and actually do some proper research into the bible, maybe then we'd have more athiests on here which would be a damn good thing.

Read these books:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_Unearthed

Karen Armstrong: The Bible - The Biography

Karen Armstrong: The History of God

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Come on Tater-T - you don't have to be insane to believe the Bible.....................................................................but it helps!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Going to read The Bible Unearthed starting now.

let me also suggest Misinterpreting Jesus, and Jesus Interrupted by Bart Ehrman

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

... in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, unicorns, the Loch Ness monster, yeti, extraterrestrial aliens, ESP, ghosts, and Elvis alive and well in Mudflap, Oklahoma.

All of which are at least as, if not more than, plausible as believing the Bible is the true word of God.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

in a lot of things that some do and others don't.. some don'ts and others do..

everyone cherry picks the bible .. if that isn't a clue for you...

• glenster
    glenster

If you believed the Bible was the true word of God, you'd believe...John 5;23

"How on Earth Did Jesus Become a God?: Historical Questions about Earliest
    Devotion to Jesus" by Larry W. Hurtado
    http://www.amazon.com/How-Earth-Did-Jesus-Become/dp/0802828612/ref=la_B001HOLKN4_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363289198&sr=1-2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit