Going to the meeting tonight ARGH!!!! So wanna end this pain NOW!

by Julia Orwell 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I like AnnOMaly's suggestion. May be taking notes will make Julia Orwell's husband curious about what is so interesting.

A glass (or two) of wine before may also help to endure the talk.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• jgnat
    jgnat

I love my current bible, an ESV Journaling bible with extra-wide margins.

ESV Bible

Here are more tips from my experience:

• Act like a sociologist. Take notes on the demographics and behavior of the crowd. Who is being neglected? Who has the status and flaunts it?
    • Stay standing until it is time for everyone to sit. This will allow you to back up if anyone crowds your space (I tend to be petted and patted like a prize sheep).
    • Put spare notebook etc. on the seat beside you so that your note-taking is not as observable. Even so, I know I am watched. I've drawn sketches of the stage, etc. at the convention and received compliments from those sitting behind me.
  • Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

GREAT suggestions guys! I'll try as many of them as I can. The 007 was a good one and I thought this could be me, but I squirm and tsk so much it makes it hard. I get distracted from reading my KJV by all the nonsense. The sociologist approach might be a good one. Anthropology. I like people-watching. I might try that one, but I must guard my sanity. It's been long hard battle to keep it, going on for years and years and doctor to doctor and medication to medication.

Speaking of meds, the congregation overseer, who I know is on meds and suffers from pretty bad anxiety problems, came up to me and asked me all about my medication; whether I've changed it, gone to a different dosage, and what not. He was pretty agitated himself, and said his meds weren't working anymore. I told him he needs to have a holiday! Well, he didn't talk long because he was off to the back room to go through the questions with a couple of baptism candidates.

When I saw those sweet kids going in with them, I so felt like taking them aside and telling them not to do it, to check out JWfacts first, but that really would get me dfd!!

Meeting again tomorrow arvo. I'll try to note something really funny for you all, or create a humorous narrative for your entertainment!

love to all

Jules

• Mum
    Mum

If you weren't on meds, I'd advise you to get drunk on meeting days and pass out. If your hubby tried to get you up to go to the meeting, you could say, "You don't want me to be seen by the brothers in this condition, do you?

When I was on my way out, I used to go to the gym and exercise myself to exhaustion. It was the only way I could turn off and get to sleep.

The others' suggestions are more in touch with reality. I just wanted to add some levity.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Julia Orwell, If you want to have some fun with the brothers, you could slip a few pieces of paper with www.jwfacts.com written on them in the contribution boxes instead of donations.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Ha ha ha totally!!!! I should do that, but I'm sure they'd blame me straight away! With no evidence of course: it's just that they have already grilled me as to whether or not I think the GB is directed by Jesus/Jehovah. I refused to answer. They'll come for me for sure if something like that turns up in the box. Some in the congregation have already run to the elders (note: not applying scripture and coming to me first) about some things I 'liked' on my Facebook page, and some cultish quotes from the WT I posted, accusing me of apostasy.

I was actually thinking of covertly putting JWfacts' pamphlet in some letterboxes under the cover of darkness....mwa ha ha! Insidious apostate! Gangrenous infection!

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

If it all gets too much, just call in sick. In my old cong there are apparently a few older sisters who are really irregular in meeting attendance- I guess they lived through the end of the 'generation' in 1995, and can no longer see the point of wasting too much time at the KH.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

We have the phone hookup, so when my husband had to work meeting nights, the brothers just assumed I was on the phone hookup. Might 'forget' to take my meds tomorrow and have a loop-out just before the meeting.

But I wonder if me being there can help my hubby see the TTATT when I point out the BS...thing is though, when he does the sound system, he's not paying attention anyhow because he's busy with the mikes and mixer. I love when he has the mixer: I sit in the 'wife' chair behind the literature counter and can squirm as much as I like. I still have to take a valium when I get home though because of all the angst the meeting stirs up in my head.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Just makeup your eyelids to look like your eyes are open...

... now you can sleep during the meeting, and they'll think you're wide awake!

• Fernando
    Fernando

I like Billy's solution best!

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit