Going to the meeting tonight ARGH!!!! So wanna end this pain NOW!

by Julia Orwell 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I'm only going to the meeting because of my husband! I was 'in' solo for years while living with my unbelieving family and I know how it feels to be the only one in your house going to the meeting. I also respect my husband's decision, and know what it's like to have family try to tear down your beliefs. It doesn't work! It just made me more stubborn for the WT religion.

And my husband, he believes Jehovah's spirit is with our congregation, and he believes as a Christian he must go to Christian gatherings, and since JWs were the group which approached him he got baptised JW and figures it's the place to go. Meanwhile I've woken up after years of tossing and turning in the WTnight, and my day has dawned and going to these MEETINGS makes me physically ill!

I know I could just end it by getting DFd for apostasy, but I want my husband to wake up to them as I have, not become a martyr to his 'apostate' wife and be an object of pity in the congregation. This is freakin' doin' my head in!!! I just want to worship in spirit and truth, and that damn Watchtower blocks the spirit and opposes the truth.

Thanks for reading my rant! Please feel free to add your own rant! Solidarity in our suffering!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Take a study Bible with you - the NIV or NJB - something with footnotes and cross references. You can follow along with the talks and Scriptures but be learning wider Christian scholarship on what's coming from the stage. Your time's not wasted then.

Take a small notebook and write down any grossly funny/stupid comments you hear.

Mentally argue with the speaker when he comes out with non-sequiturs or flimsy reasoning. When you feel you're about to explode with irritation or boredom, zone out and work on a brain-teaser in your head, where you're planning to go on vacation next or review that really interesting documentary you saw last night.

That's how I coped.

Oh, and try to keep your sense of humor throughout.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ann O mally - Good idea. T'be sure. Oh, it is it is begorrah!

Also you can take notes of weird postulations, announcements and other tripe and report back here. You can be a spy!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Top o' th' mornin', Punk.

• stillin
    stillin

Sorry that it's so rough for you. I also have a very active wife who will likely never leave the organization. I have stopped publishing but I go to meetings with her. I figure that it's all I can do; it isn't her fault that I no longer believe and she married me as a witness. It wouldn't be fair to her for me to completely quit. But I suppose it's just a matter of time and the elders will zero in on me and if I am DF'd then the hell with them. It isn't like I'm a thief or sleeping around. I smoke a cigar once in a while and I talk to mentally diseased people.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Did you clean the hidden corners of your kitchen before you went to the meeting, to ensure that they are clean and sanitary? That is what house wives do. I learned that from the Jeremiah book this week. What a brilliant illustration from the 'Celebrated Watchtower Scholars'.

I know exactly how you feel, I still have to attend meetings, but I stopped preaching.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tis a fine mornin' t'be sure Ann

Julia - As suggested check the Bible. What I did was read the verses before and after the 'proof' text to see how out of context it all is.

Just smile and nod. Be yourself.

You are on a mission that will help expose the stupidity of it all if you report back to us. It's gonna be dynamite stuff we can use to expose the WBT$ for the fraud it is!! Well done 007!!

• newdawnfades
    newdawnfades

Hi Julia. Sometimes I just cant face going. I'm on the show tonight so i have to go. The last thing you want to do is get DF'd, so keep cool about it. Its less than 2 hours.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi New Dawn Fades - You can spy too! You can also be our Joy Division.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes Punk, I've been squirming over all the stupidity being said but I absolutely need to see the funny side of it all! Taken some dumb quotes already like, 'are we to get involved with helping the sick and the needy? Because of the urgency of the harvest work and time is short so we only have time to preach."

Gee, I thought Jesus healed the sick and helped the needy.

This is just one thing spouted which makes me sick! Not including the housewife illustration. Sitting here at the hall as I am now, chatting on an 'apostate' site makes me feel better.

The Cong overseer gave me a death stare as he saw me during the song so I'm probably gonna be in some sorta trouble soon...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit