Does anybody know how they elect new Governing Body members?

by dgp 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dgp
    dgp

Now that "Habemus Papam", I was wondering how it is that someone in the Watchtower becomes a member of the Governing Body. Does anybody know?

And, how do they choose who gets to be a member of the Corporations?

Anybody?

• Satanus
    Satanus

a A flame of fire floats above the head of the chosen one to indicate jay hoovers approval.

b They toss dice, uh i mean lots.

c Miracles are done by the designated one.

d The chosen ones face glows as did moses' after being w jay hoover on the mountain.

e None of the above.

S

• still thinking
  • notjustyet
    notjustyet

I was wondering the same question today,..

NJY

• wasblind
    wasblind

They stick a light bulb up thier bum,

if the light gets brighter, that's the one

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Gay orgy with the last one unpoked getting to pick a new member.

Sounds as plausible to me as a "Conclave"

Wait...

• trujw
    trujw

No magic fire, no halo. They get a name and just vote on it nothing more or less.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Just men and politics.

S

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Rick Fearon would love to know how to be one of the GB. I think he really wanted to know before he got df'd. He said that Losch mentioned him as one of the possible candidates for the GB in his Judical Committee Hearing Tapes but he was never an elder, you would have to be anointed elder before you become the GB Member. Google it up and listen to the whole tape if you can stomach it. Truly Laughable!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

You would have to kiss a lot of ______ or suck a lot of ______ to climb that ladder I would imagine. But it is worth it in the end, because you get to have conversations with Jehovah about policy and procedure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit