Brother placed 'Teach" Book to President Obama? WTF?

by Smoky 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Smoky
    Smoky

What bothered me most, was all the comments people made. "Jehovah has blessed us"....blah, blah, blah.

I could not get passed the second comment without feeling like barfing. These Drones will believe any sh*t thrown at them at a Convention.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Even if it was true, so what? What is the president supposed to say, I'm not going to take your book?

It's like the stat about the Watchtower magazine. It may be the widely published magazine out there, but that doesn't mean anyone reads it. So who cares?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Lol.

I hear this about EVERY president since JFK. Urban myth unless the guy who did it speaks up.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Question: For security reasons, Is the president allowed to except anything ???????

If so, Does security have time to check all material given by everyone who wants to give ??????

What's the protocol for this ????

• designs
    designs

192 page books make good door stops.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It may have happened but I doubt it. I saw JFK, LBJ, and Obama at invitation only rallies. The Secret Service is quite serious. I was only two rows center from Obama. I worked for the Senate. OBAMA had more security than NY after 9/11.

The WWitness supposedly meets Obama at a private place of employment. These events are highly choreographed. The employer must be livid. I can see Obama being gracious.

Istill feel young but I have long memories. The eager recipient was the recently widowed Jackie Kennedy. She answered RFK house. door. Consider the veracity of Jackie answering a knock on the door. Imagine Ethel permitting it.

So why do these cultural icons not attend KH or study a variant of the Bible led by a Window washer. Indeed, presidents and world leaders sometime attend the church where I am a member yet no urban legends start. Imposing on their time is tacky and rude. I shake hands and smile. If I want to discuss more, I ask an aide which staff person I should se e.

Someday soon we will hear that George Washington accepted a WT publication. ed

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I doubt it is true. But even if it was.....I guarantee he is not "rightly disposed". He would have accepted it for PR purposes (In case you haven't noticed...politicians tend to NOT make a practice out of rejecting the people) and then trashed it.

• pixel
    pixel

So what? I don't doubt the Prez has a lot of books on his bookshelf. Once again, IN CASE it is true, so what?

• blondie
    blondie

Date

Time

Name of Factory

Name of worker

Verify with White House staff.

Bet it can't be done...aprocraphal stories are even in the publications, unverifiable.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

'Experiences(R)' : Just another cult control method to keep the drones thinking their in a special place and that an imaginary sky friend is blessing them

I personally think it's a load of utter bovine excrament!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit