Shepherding call

by lostinthought 25 Replies latest jw friends

• piztjw
    piztjw

That "shepherds" initials wouldn't be J. S. would they?

It sounds like the mouthy, know-it-all jack-wad that did "shepherding" calls on me a few years ago. Come around with the, "We have to get through the list," BS and then when they showed up it was a twenty minute reading of some WT article photo copy, and then , "well we gotta run. We have three more visits to make yet." It was just a way to make the CO think they cared and were doing their job. Are the CO's really THAT stupid?

Oh well, he has the reputation of flying into some cong. shitting all over the R&F and then on to the next cong. Never stays anywhere very long.

• nugget
    nugget

text - "something has come up and I can't make it Wednesday". Next time they ask politely decline, thank them for their concern, but state that it is not possible at the moment and you will contact them when things have settled down.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Yeah this is all good advise. Just politely refuse. Tell them you are busy. Whatever you would tell anyone who you thought was nice that wanted to come to your home to try to sell you a water softener system.......tell them the same thing. No need to lie. No lie neccesary even.

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

Thanks for the advice all! I was just going to decline the visit on Wednesday but he came up to me after the meeting saying he would have to cancel because of an elders meeting...

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,that worked out in the end,didn't it,lol.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Gosh...i wish that all witnesses would just wake up already! I wish u didn't have to see them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit