Re: 2013 annual meeting

by pixel 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

there will be no arrangements for the program to be translated into other languages, including American Sign Language.

when I first read that, I thought, it must be about masturbation. Made me think of the recent youtube globalizing on it by JW. Maybe they are revising that alot.

• Hillary
    Hillary

And the Lord said to them "I never knew you. Get away from me you workers of lawlessness."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

all baptized and unbaptized publishers who read and write English, along with their minor children, to be invited to locations where they can hear the 2013 annual meeting program that will be presented on Saturday, October 5, 2013.

I see it as merely another way to book up the Assembly Halls accross the country for an extra weekend and collect more donations. By including ALL publishers (vs. only the prominent ones) it will double the attendance and double the contributions. In addition to the Annual Meeting and the WT Summary, there will be a strong pitch for wor$hiping Jehovah with your "valuable thing$".

Doc

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sounds like active JWs are getting conned into another Special assembly day, except they get no live speaker!

Oh, and make sure to visit the credit card machine before you leave the Assembly Hall!

Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Well whoop de do! Another meeting to attend.

Yes, what a shame.

I guess the Governing Body are jealous of all the television coverage and excitement that new Popes get, the world supposedly holding it's breath, and they get nothing like that.

This way, the Popes Governing Body members can be trotted out for the regular members to hear from, and they can get a wee bit excited that they are hearing from someone who is actually in contact with someone (Fred Franz, Joseph Rutherford, C.T. Russell, those guys) who is in the presence of Jehovah Himself.

I found a video of one of the GB speaking, it's going to be typical of what they say at these bore-fests. This one was becoming senile and forgot how to say "The Faithful and Discreet Slave" at the end and mumbled something shorter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Ae7hyGejU

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Yes, broadcasting the annual meeting sounds like the first time that Chrysler Motors was in financial trouble and Lee Iocaca represented the company with their new K-car. Since then, many CEO's have taken the lead in advertising.

Watchtower is no different than any other company in trouble, now they want to parade the GB. Either that or the GB members want to parade themselves. Vanity. Next thing you know you'll be able to get a signed GB calendar and yearbook at the annual meeting.

Next new arrangement you will have is the passing of the cool-aid.

• Hillary
    Hillary

And a false prophet will always deny who they are

• hoser
    hoser

it's all about the money

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

That explains the diligence to have every Kingdom Hall equipped with screen and projectors

• Mum
    Mum

After the annual meeting to which almost everyone is invited, I would not be surprised if there is an insiders' meeting planned which will not be videotaped. After all, openness and honesty could never be the open and honest policy of the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit