Hypocritical comments by JWs regarding the Catholic Church in light of the new Pope.

by Theocratic Sedition 26 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

A JW relative is making comments on how secretive they are and that should tell Catholics something,etc. I just smile to myself,and wish she would do a comparison.

And she said that they are saying the new pope may bring in changes,but,if they followed the Bible,they wouldn't have to change,lol,new light,anyone.

• steve2
    steve2

Just as individuals are more likely to see the straw in others' eyes and become hypercritical about it (but not see the rafter in their own eye), religions do the exact same thing. In fact, religions turn this kind of rank hypocrisy into an art form of the highest spiritual order.

But it's still hypocrsy.

The Watchtower has a long dreary tradition of verbal rants against Catholicism's Papacy. Numerically of course, the Watchtower is like a half-mad flea to the Catholic Church's bored elephant.

The Watchtower and The Catholic Church are strikingly similar in many ways - in particular their hierarchical structure and the requirement of unquestioning faith in the infallibility of their respective "Popes" and aversion to independent thought.

Within JW circles few things whip them more into blitheringly judgemental lathers than "what's happening in the Catholic Church". The new kid on the block can run rings around the old kid on the block. But will the new kid outlast the kid whose been around for close to two thousand years..... ?

In conclusion, though, the Pope could be said to have the envy-edge over the Governing Body: His dresses are way more fetching than any the Governing Body wear and I'd kill to get my hands on his jewel-encrusted shepherd's staff.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm amazed that someone could escape the wtbts, and then bend over and kiss the pope's ass. Out of the frying pan into the fire.

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Our P.O. made a comment while conducting the book study that the Catholics shouldnt need a Pope to lead them if they truly followed the Bible. The Bible alone should be enough and not an imperfect man. I wondered that anyone who really beleives that is completely stupid as JWs doctrines, polices, procedures are dictated by the GB and not from the Bible. Its amazing how JWs dont use their thinking abilities. I cant believe how I use to accept everything from the GB as if it was from God.

• Satanus
    Satanus

' But will the new kid outlast the kid whose been around for close to two thousand years..... ?'

Some people have studied this. They concluded, what has been around the longest is more likely to be around the longest. So, the jws may well eventually be just a few pockets of raving mad men and women, while the rc marches on, adapting to the times, as it has since its beginning.

S

• smiddy
    smiddy

And lets not forget the catholics invented the name Jehovah which the witnesses adopted .LOL

smiddy

• jhine
    jhine

I just have to say or ask have all the other Trinitarian religions disappeared off the face of the Earth when I wasn't looking ?!!!Why is it that on any thread it always seems to be a straight choice between JW's or the Catholics ? I am Church of England (yes I know that you have to live in England to have that joy ) but that is part of a worldwide Anglican church . There are also ,I believe people called Methodists , Baptists and Free Churches like that in Scotland .

Why are we never mentioned , if only to be slagged off ?!!!!

• jhine
    jhine

Yes , I do realise that this thread is about the new Pope , I have just noticed this lack of aknowledgement of other Churches all over this site and had to ask .

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Steve and Horten,

Before you go and cut down another's faith, you should learn more about it. Steve, perhaps you have not really looked at the differences between JW and most other religions and sometimes after experiencing the JW it is easier to lump all religions in together. Truth be told, every other religion I know of EXCEPT JWs, do a lot of good by feeding the hungry, clothing the poor, providing help for the infirmed, teach our children, heal the sick, comfort the dying and help those with addictions and so much more. The very most I have seen JWs do is provide dot-to-dot drawings for kids; and scary ones at that.

Horten, Unlike the rank and file of JW who must kiss ass to keep their families, any Catholic can openly disagree and debate social issues and all dogma that comes from the Catholic church. In fact, most other religions do not have issues with debate and outright disagreement. And just in case you are young and do not know, it was Pope John Paul II along with President Ronald Reagan together that led to the demise of the Berlin Wall. It was the Catholics, along with the Puritins that had a huge influence in the freedom of religion in the USA. Look up "the black bragaid" (sp). In fact the state of Maryland was settled by Catholics feeing the Church of England.

I am very happy with my Catholic faith. One of the social issues that we ex-JWs must learn is that there is a whole other world outside the JW. A world that is tolerant and respectful, repeat that, RESPECTFUL, of the beliefs and feelings of others, which is the reason why those who never were in the JW can make close friends with others who are completely different from themselves. I pray that you can come to understand this as it is the Key to really being free of the JWs.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

When John Paul became pope I don't remember any discussion about it among the publishers. Wasn't our party.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit