My Left Leg Was Amputated

by TOTH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

So sorry to hear about this development. I hope you recover fully soon and are able to be active again.

• talesin
    talesin

Fuxk, man, I am so sorry to hear that. My cousin had his leg amputated a few years ago. I sure hope you have insurance that will pay for a DECENT prosthetic.

all my love to you! xoxoxo

tal :'(

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey TOTH - all the very best getting back your mobility and learning how to get around!

• cofty
    cofty

Hi TOTH. Sorry I misssed your thread.

I hope you are doing well and that you adjust quickly to your prosthetic leg.

Best wishes - Bill

• mind blown
    mind blown

Hi TOTH! Welcome back

All I know from watching a program or two, there's more choices of prosthesis these days. If one type isn't working, there's another.

Also, you may be able to find a couple of online forums, as well as find more info online regarding this subject.

I'm pretty much a Google (search engine) junkie.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

So sorry for what you are going through. Being disable is no fun I know! But their are many things one can do and be a help to others. Get Well Soon. Totally ADD

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Sorry for your pain. Thinking of you too

• talesin
    talesin

It costs about $50-75 thousand for a GOOD prosthetic leg.

Anyone on board who is RICH, and I am not JOKING, why don't you contact TOTH and help him out? I know you are out there - how much do you REALLY care?

tal

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Sorry Toth, to hear about how Diabetes has complicated your life to the extent of losing your leg. I have battled diabetes for many years, and like many who have this illness live in worry about the complications that could happen.

The prosthetic is the best way to go. I know of some who just gave up, and surrendered into a wheel chair. I know that it's a shock to face the loss of your leg. I remember being in a hospital hallway, and seeing one of my collegues just after it had happened to him. But, he was a fighter, and today you wouldn't know that he walks with a prosthetic.

Keep a positive attitude. That is the best that you can do.

• TOTH
    TOTH

jgnat, please keep on top of it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit