My Left Leg Was Amputated

by TOTH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• TOTH
    TOTH

Hello everyone. I have been out of commission for several weeks. Back around the first of the year I developed an infection in my left foot. Due to diabetes and poor circulation the doctors were unable to save my foot and so I received a below the knee amputation. It has been a struggle but I am finally going to be fitted with a prosthesis next week and I will be on my feet and back to it soon.

I am wondering if there are any other amputees here on the board that may be willing to share their experiences with me so I can have an idea of how things may go as time progresses. An exchange of information may benefit all who participate.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Glad to know your gettin' along ok TOTH

• Quandry
    Quandry

Glad you are back...I have both legs so don't have advice other than keep up the positive attitude and you'll be walking soon!

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Sorry to hear about that,.. hang in there.

NJY

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That is a tough break. But you seem to have a good attitude. I wish you all the best.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi TOTH.....I am not an amputee, but I just wanted to welcome you back and add my best wishes for your full recovery . It must be hell to face that.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Wishing you the best TOTH.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sorry to hear that TOTH.I hope things continue to get better .Take care.

• moshe
    moshe

You seem to be getting good medical care-- and that means you will have good recovery. Being handicapped won't stop you from enjoying life- and you can now go to the head of the line on those rides at Disney World- look at all the time you will save. Good luck.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

TOTH I can't begin to imagine what it is like to have to adjust to such a loss.

Hope that you get used to the prosthesis when it arrives and are able to get back to your normal routine.

My thoughts are with you.

Trevor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit