Hate Crime against Members of a Congregation

by cantleave 29 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

It is truly sad that someone has been made to feel so upset that they feel that this is an appropriate way to express their rage who ever it is. However victimising elderly women living alone is not acceptable. If the elders wish to keep it within the hall then they should offer CCTV to the elderly ones being targeted so they can determine who exactly is doing the damage.

It is easy to assume that it is someone who has been Df'd but it does not necessarily mean it is so. It is so easy for witnesses to believe someone who rejects the organisation also rejects any moral compass. There are many people with an axe to grind not just those abused by this organisation.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

In my old congregation we had a guy who was a bit strange (only one, you ask ?) he left and went to live miles away, but eventually he took to phoning some of the Elders with death threats and threatened to burn down the K.H

The Elders got the family to control him and he never did anything.

All the vandalism that occurred came from nearby kids, who regularly changed the sign on the main road to Kingdumb Hell , which actually made some of the Elders laugh, and one lad shot out a few windows when we were not there, the Police dealt with him.

So Nugget may well be right, it could well be members of the public who don't like JW's, though the circumstantial evidence does point to someone who was a JW once.

What is good about this is that the guy who asked for it to be posted has really got a handle on things.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

LITS - OMG! I think people do downplay things to try to reassure but death threats or threats of violence or stalking are serious crimes! That was horrible.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Good grief! How can you down play death threats!! I would have been a nervous wreck and I would have gone straight to the police! They want to cover over everything, forget the safety of the children and everyone else, they need to start cooperating with the police.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

There is alot of assumption in that persons e mail, but no real facts. If the elders suspect a person in particular, it won't get them in hot water legally to say the persons name and the police can do what they want.

It sucks anyone would vandalize the hall or any other property and terrorize old ladies. Not cool. They should go down no matter how they were initially treated.

• Violia
    Violia

It more than likely means the DF'd person has info on an edler or their family and the BOE is not helping to catch this person as they would possibly be in trouble themselves . I have seen this before.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If the elders allow the elderly to continue to be scared witless, and discourage the reporting of it....THEY are partly responsible and must accept any consequences. If I were there, on the B O E, I would tell all to the law and claim I did not understand the Bethel ruling.

As the above post says, why assume it was the d/f'd one? I knew of a Hall that got torched a year or two back, the perp had no connection.....

• jws
    jws

The reason they haven't caught anybody is that Satan and his demons are behind it. And can't be seen.

I'm surprised they're not playing it up as wordly persecution.

Actually, some of the stuff sounds funny. Glue in the locks? Can't even get in the hall to start at meeting. That's kind of funny to me. Seems like it'd be a project to fix and you'd have to cancel meeting or make people wait in the parking lot until it's fixed and have an abbreviated one.

Pranks are one thing, and if it's the KH, I don't feel as bad about it. But attacks on people's personal property and some of those were old ladies? Why not the elders who DFed him? Unless the old ladies were the ones behind getting him DFed. ie., reporting him. Maybe stalking him to see if he did anything wrong and then telling the elders. The guy's being a real a-hole.

It's obviously a JW if they know which houses to hit. Unless they're following cars home after meetings.

When I was a JW and probably in my late teens, I knew a guy in another congregation who "Easter egged" one of his elder's houses. That elder was kind of a jerk. Big attitude, owned his own cleaning business, made a DFed guy work meeting nights so he couldn't be re-instated - at least until his girlfriend he got in trouble with got married. The guy was an a-hole. And the guy who egged him was a JW in good standing.

So this guy colored eggs in pastel colors and decorated them. ie. Easter eggs. And the night before Easter egged this elder's house. Also leaving some colored eggs intact around the yard and under the bushes so it'd look like what you'd have for an Easter egg hunt. I thought it was hilarious. Not only did his house get egged, but the shame of appearing to the neighbors as if you celebrate a worldly holiday. Oh my!

His neice, who went to our hall and also knew about this & who did it (and liked the prank too), said they called the police and reported it as somebody from his kid's high school and even had an idea of who. Their reasoning? That it couldn't be a JW because they're Easter eggs and JWs don't celebrate Easter.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What do they expect? They are recruiting from prisons and mental institutions, and when one of them gets disfellowshipped, they have an above average chance of getting back at the witlesses. When someone with reasonable mental condition gets disfellowshipped, they are most likely to expose the truth about the religion, try to reason with others to get them out, or try and talk others out of studying. But, when you have people that are inclined to commit crimes being the primary stock of new recruits, they are more likely to do things like trashing the building and property, raping and robbing people, and blowing things up. I am surprised that this doesn't happen more--and will not be surprised if, one day, someone gets disfellowshipped and returns with a gun or a bomb--that is just the kind of stock they are recruiting these days.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yesterday a post was made about vandalism at a Kingdom Hall

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/250902/1/BRITAIN-23-April-2013-Criminal-Damage-to-Jehovahs-Witness-building-in-Felpham

This post I made was about hall next to one featured in the Newspaper article and seems to be related to the damage and attacks against the hall I mentioned and some people I posted about previously.

The person charged is not one and the same but apparently there is strong evidence there is a connection so it will be interesting to see where this goes. It is also interesting that the damage to Bognor hall occurred after the I mentioned in this post hall was fitted with CCTV and the person allegedly responsible for harassing witnesses was given a talking to by the police. As the pictures show it's a pretty soft target.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit