NEW BLOOD CARD DIRECTIVE...

by SkyGreen 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener

I remember feeling oh so gulty about shredding mine and oh so free once it was done. What a crock!

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

I've been wondering if its worthwhile carrying some sort of anti-blood directive card with me, something with my signature on that would express my wishes that I'd like to be given a blood transfusion in an emergency situation just in case I end up unconscious with my parents or the HLC trying to convince the docs to let me die. I no longer carry my blood card because its one of the main things that I just can't agree with anymore and the children have never carried theres.

I think its worth having a serious talk with your husband about the blood issue and let him know exactly how you feel. No one in their right mind actualy wants their children to die and you may be able to get him to do some proper research on it all. I had a talk with my husband the other night, turns out that he agrees with the Jewish view on blood - meat should be kosher and blood should be given to preserve a life in an emergency because life is the most important thing. He agreed that the children would get blood if needed and I said that there's no way I'd wait until the doctors got a court order, that I'd agree there and then but that I'd get disfellowshipped for my decision. I noticed that he'd been looking up things about blood transfusion and repentance on the WT library so he is thinking at least.

• blondie
    blondie

Healthcare Power of Attorney to designate ALL medical procedures you want or do not want....this was not designed for jws or for blood use. You do not need a lawyer.

Check online to see what is legal in your country and/or state or province.

• Giordano
    Giordano

We left 47 years ago because of these death cult beliefs of JW's......... blood and Armageddon. By pushing the blood doctrine they help at least a 1,000 people a year to die. Jonestown only killed around a thousand and the entire world was shocked. Have hubby look up Jonestown on Google..... the visual will show him what happens in private rooms....... be it hospitals or homes to the idiots who swallow the WT koolaid. Ask him to see if Jesus even bothered to mention it.

Rule number one for parents always protect your children.

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

Yuck! I honestly forgot about those stupid cards!

In elementary school, my mom used to make us have them on us at all times. She was too cheap to have them professionally laminated, so she covered them with packing tape, punched a hole in them and put them on a piece of yarn. We had to wear them around our necks under our shirts. All of my school pics have that stupid piece of yarn in them. I eventually got smart and started yanking it off as soon as I got to school.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    I've been wondering if its worthwhile carrying some sort of anti-blood directive card with me,

Perhaps a donor ID card from the blood bank?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

This is the biggie for me. Blood. It is where hard core doctrinal belief and willingness to die for something that seems pretty straightforward (ie: "abstain"), meets actual research, and understanding of the spirit of what was written, and the fact that if they are wrong.....more is wrong along with it.

I have these discussions from time to time. I hear the basic "well its obvious", to the angering "if the slave is wrong than its up to Jehovah to correct it and he will be the judge".

It is where cognative dissonance funnels to.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I tore up my blood card about 2 weeks into my search of what I later learned was TTATT. I had a blood transfusion that saved my life when I was born no thanks to my mom who signed documents refusing me to get the life saving transfusion. Luckily my nonJW dad told the docs or nurses to lose the documents.

It was quite liberating tearing that piece of shit document up.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

This topic's responses are not making sense.

Brainmelt said:

I've been wondering if its worthwhile carrying some sort of anti-blood directive card with me, something with my signature on that would express my wishes that I'd like to be given a blood transfusion in an emergency situation just in case I end up unconscious with my parents or the HLC trying to convince the docs to let me die.

I thought the issue was that avoiding blood transfusions or not, is not to be a religious issue. The issue is not and has never been "Hey give me a transfusion because they are great." Which the above quote indicates. Someone else's blood is still bad medicine. The doctors should be the ones to make the call, not anti-noblood theolgy.

No one in their right mind actualy wants their children to die and you may be able to get him to do some proper research on it all.

JWs don't want their children to die and refusing blood is not wanting or allowing them to die. The issue here is that non-baptized minors or adults are not under any religious directive and no one should be pressuring them to refuse or accept blood.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/living-will-health-care-power-of-attorney-in-your-state-31011.html

Each state in the US has its own form (that is why jws get a new one when they move to a new state).

This lists by state and you can choose to have a blood transfusion but it deals with many and all medical procedures.

http://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/forms/advdirectives/ADFormsPOA.htm

Talk to your doctor about this form and what health issues can and should be considered. You will need to give this completed form to them, your hospital, the clinic, and the people that will act for you when you cannot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit