Candace Conti v. Watchtower | March 11, 2013 | Watchtower Society Appeal Dismissed For Failure To File Opening Brief

by jwleaks 46 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• St George of England
    St George of England

Whatever happens, when the story hits jw.org it will say that the WTS was "completely exonerated as innocent of the malicious charges of the enemy."

George

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

17 million is pocket change in the grand scheme of things. They told the rank and file it would be appealed, perhaps they want it all to just go quietly into the night. Perhaps they have been quietly trying to settle. They only need 20 or so widows they can quietly scam out of their homes to pay -off the judgment.

• JHK
    JHK

JHK,

Does this mean we might see some COs, DOs, and Governing Body members become Jailbirds?

-----------------------------------------------------------

I am no prophet. But the latest news shows that something is changing in the U.S. legal system The Governing Body has a secret database with 23,720 cases of child abuse (2002). http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/2119903.stm

Yes, I am concerned about the hierarchy of Jehovah's Witnesses. A black future.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Yes, here in the US even with very old cases, much is being exposed and changing. Will be interesting to see what happens with Cardinal Mahony in particular.

• frankiespeakin
  • mind blown
    mind blown

I've felt all along the Pope stepped down because things are heating up. WTS has to be feeling less confident these days. Also things in Austrailia are heating up. But I have a feeling they'll do their usual ol beat the dead horse....but then again, money isn't coming in as it once did (even if it's not their own) the raising interest may be an issue.........questions, questions?????

• sir82
    sir82
    17 million is pocket change in the grand scheme of things.

Maybe, but multiply it 500 or 1000 or 5000, as the Conti case has set a precedent for other victims, and you're talking real money!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit