Candace Conti: WTS Fails to Timely File Opening Appellate Brief

by DNCall 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Hey thanks for the info! Not sending it to the elders though because I want to leave quietly now I've had a preview of how they'll turn on me from my mini-inquisition, but I'll keep up with the case so I can show my husband when the WTS gets their butts sued off.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Maybe it was filed invisibly?

• Splash
    Splash

@JuliaOrwell

Once you have shown the elder that Candace Conti is a real person and that the Soc has been found criminally and maliciously guilty, perhaps direct him to these WT guidelines.

Good News Bible:

1Ti 3:1 This is a true saying: If a man is eager to be a church leader, he desires an excellent work.

1Ti 3:7 He should be a man who is respected by the people outside the church, so that he will not be disgraced and fall into the Devil's trap.

*** w10 6/15 p. 13 par. 13 Keep Building Up the Congregation ***

The first-century Corinthian congregation faced the situation of a man who unrepentantly practiced fornication. His conduct threatened the purity of the congregation and was a scandal even among nonbelievers. Hence, Paul rightly directed that the man be removed from the congregation

*** w76 12/1 p. 734 pars. 18-19 Giving Reproof “Before All Onlookers” ***

Undoubtedly most cases where congregation members fall into wrongdoing can be handled in a private way by the congregation shepherds. But if they have reason to believe that others may be tempted into the same kind of sin they should devote time in their meetings to reproof of that kind of wrongdoing. If a matter is of public knowledge or involves scandal, they should most certainly do so.

19 If they feel that the circumstances demand it they could even name the person (though doing so apart from any talk on the subject), stating that they have reproved him. Where scandal is involved, this would enable the congregation members to defend the congregation against those who might accuse it of condoning wrongdoing

*** w76 12/1 p. 733 Giving Reproof “Before All Onlookers” ***

The commentary of Schaff-Lange says: “The nature of the case itself requires that ha·mar·ta′non·tas should be specially understood of grosser crimes; indeed, of those which justly cause scandal.” Henry’s Bible Commentary observes: “Public, scandalous sinners must be rebuked publicly; as their sin has been public, and committed before many, or at least come to the hearing of all, so their reproof must be public, and before all.”

I wonder if they will measure out to themselves the same condemnation and punishment as they measure out to others?

Splash

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Bad form for the "Great Timekeeper's" organization. The appeal will be dismissed unless the opening brief is filed on or before March 26th.

MARCH 26th! Memorial night, how fitting.

George

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

... trying to convince JWs that there is even such a person as Candace Conti...who, and elder told me, is a made up person, made up by apostates!!!

You gotta be kidding me!

He can read through the whole case on the Alameda Courts Domainweb site. Case number is HG11558324. Get him to scroll through the Register of Actions until he hits the verdicts:

06/13/12Jury Verdict (Special) Filed
    </form>

06/14/12Jury Verdict (Special) - Phase Two Filed
    </form>

He has a choice of TIFF or Java images for viewing the documents.

Idiot.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Not sending it to the elders though because I want to leave quietly

OK. Up to you. But I wouldn't be able to let that one go.

• Splash
    Splash

News about Candace was even on the old official jw website before it got remodelled.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

News about Candace was even on the old official jw website before it got remodelled.

Yep.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120715011244/http://www.jw-media.org/usa/20120620.htm

• mind blown
    mind blown

Three more days......

• metatron
    metatron

You lurking elders!

Do what VillageGirl says ! NOW!

Make personal copies of EVERYTHING in the Congregation Files. If they come after you or your family, it can be 'leverage' in your favor.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit