Candace Conti: WTS Fails to Timely File Opening Appellate Brief

by DNCall 32 Replies latest jw friends

• DNCall
    DNCall

Bad form for the "Great Timekeeper's" organization. The appeal will be dismissed unless the opening brief is filed on or before March 26th.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Well, nothing happened in 1914.1925..1975 1999 and o lot of other years!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Bad form for the "Great Timekeeper's" organization.

LOL. Good one!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So if they do not appeal, have they admitted defeat?! I am not a lawyer..obviously.

Perhaps they have figured " WTH, we scammed everyone into donating to bring missionaries home, so it's paid for. Plus we will use " brazen conduct " to df any all who mention our involment with this case. Only apostates would know we lost."

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    The appeal will be dismissed unless the opening brief is filed on or before March 26th.

I think some clarification is needed for the criteria of "fails" and "timely" here. Did they miss some earlier deadline??

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

How do you even find information on this case? There's nothing in my online news search except an odd snippet. All the other information comes from dissident JW sites, and of course I can't cite these when trying to convince JWs that there is even such a person as Candace Conti...who, and elder told me, is a made up person, made up by apostates!!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Julia,

AnnOMaly posted this on another thread:

In case anyone wants to monitor what's going on for themselves,

http://appellatecases.courtinfo.ca.gov/search/case/dockets.cfm?dist=1&doc_id=2025979&doc_no=A136641

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I hope they Do file an appeal and it gets lots more TV and press and internet exposure vecause of it. My guess is they are scrambling around DESTROYING RECORDS of all the sexual abuse cases reported and "handled" internally by the "brothers" There have been thousands of such cases covered up.

Anyone in a congreagtion NOW who has access -

PLEASE MAKE COPIES OF ANY RECORDS YOU HAVE ACCESS TO.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!!! Julia are you serious?! Poor Elders.. they are total tools. Julia, there is another post about this subject. There is a link to a court website. I am so glad we have our resident detectives!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Google her name plus MSNBC or ABC NEWS or any other American news source, there should be plenty there from last June. Cedars has a video of her and her lawyer on Youtube as well. Send that link to your elders and see their reaction!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit