"Anniversary of Jesus' Death" Invitation wording

by seenitall 15 Replies latest forum announcements

• seenitall
    seenitall

Noticed the wording change this year. No more Memorial or Lord's Evening Meal mentioned.

Only an invitation to "The Anniversary of Jesus' Death". So, my question - Who has caught this phrase and what does it mean?

My opinion - they don't show the bread & wine on the invite. They want it to seem a little more mainstream. Or, maybe a way to spin another angle on the invite - as if it is a "new" event.

By the way, it doesn't fold in half this year to look like a real offical invitation.

If they really wanted more attendence here is what you do:

1. Use TV spots / Radio spots / Internet media & ads , direct mailing (non-profit rates apply for all of these).

2. Use billboards.

3. Use large event centers with a free meal beforehand.

Oh well, I have given away all my secrets for success.

I thought I had seenitall.

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

The only thing they celebrate is Jesus' death... how sickening!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

"If they really wanted more attendence here is what you do:..." seenitall

They could invite all apostates, disfellowshipped and disassociated former members - and suggest that they bring their video cameras and audio recorders. The Halls would be packed and replays of the Memorial would be all over the Internet and on Youtube.com.

What a wonderful opportunity to share this wonderful event to all - even those who would not step foot in a Kingdom Hall (or even be allowed in one!)

What an amazing witness to the world that would be!!!

And they could do it again next year. Then we could compare the two versions!

I guarantee that there wouldn't be an empty KH in the entire world. There would be more apostates there than regulars.

"Watch as self-important old men speak from a flowered stage in monotone voices."

"Hear other old men say multiple prayers that go on and on, repeating the same phrases again and again in the same monotone voices."

"Watch as glasses of FREE wine and plates of FREE crackers are passed to EVERYONE in the audience! Watch as absolutely NO ONE drinks the blessed (FREE) wine or eats the blessed (FREE) crackers! (Maybe a couple of people do, but they are certifiably insane and have been marked for discipline for several years over this issue.)"

"See the miracle of NEW ANOINTED being added to the 144,000 this year! Total Anointed should hit the Governing Body's goal of 288,000 by 2020!!!"

I'd go see that...

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I'm going to my cousin's to pick up this invitation to the seance/sacrificial service. I will let ask each in her family to tell me their thoughts. None of us has ever been a jw.

They'll be extremely honest so if you're in, you have to find the thicker skin on your body to read their comments I'm sure.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

They are downplaying the bread and wine because all they appeal to these days are the homeless

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

They can call it anything they want. It still looks weird to anyone attending that isn't a 'dub. The few times I've mentioned I was a JW to the other 99.5% of the population, I get some feedback from those who were invited. Every single one of them was like, "what's the story on passing the wine and bread and no one drinks the wine nor eats the bread?" I just laugh and point it out as part of their nutty doctrine.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

does someone have a scan of the invite?

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Wha': as I learned more, my thought was, "okay, well, if only a few are 'partaking', then why not have a closed ceremony just for them? Why does everyone else need to breathe on their crackers?"

Seemed dumb to me.

Oh, I so want to go to watch this, but I don't know how to get out of being counted.

• Listener
    Listener

Possibly they are trying to be more accurate in their own teachings. 99% of JWs cannot celebrate the Lords Evening Supper so rather they will be recognizing the Anniversary of his death.

There is no biblical directive in observing this.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I noticed this, too. It's very strange for a religion that for years has claimed to stick to the one Biblical "holiday" they were commanded to observe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit