Is the new King of the North rising? Will the GB spin this event in their favor?

by suavojr 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• suavojr
    suavojr

Will the current GB of JW's be bold enogh to identify N. Korea as the new King of North? What is your take on this?...

The WT let this important component of their prophecies vanish.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/11/world/asia/north-korea-armistice/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

doubt it. they have to come up with some sort of tie in about it affecting God's people in a siginificant way

• d
    d

Yes I would be suprised if they said North korea is the new king of the north.

• Satanus
    Satanus

For specifics in dates and identities, they currently seem to be totally confused, unable to come up w anything definite. It's been a long slow slide from rutherford, who freely expounded on biblical connections to specific world events, places and people.

S

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea they might have had a "KIng of the North" to point to with Saddam Hussien, but he's gone now. They need another bogeyman

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I think the unofficial king of the north in the mind of JW's is either China, or the rise of the Muslim world countries. Although I could see them coming out with some existential nonsense about the king of the north being "a collective of the secular cultures movement forward" or something like that.

Affects Gods people? check. Hard to prove or nail down? check. its just the way new light works now a days.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

The King of the North is Canada.

• Sulla
    Sulla

I have never trusted Canadians. Makes perfect sense.

I do think they are out of the King of the North business for good. Isn't the Jeremiah book mostly about keeping your nose clean -- instead of complicated interpretations and so on. How I miss the days of Oholibah and Ohola!

• suavojr
    suavojr

I tell you one thing. I sure miss the excitement that the old timers used to create, now all literature and conventions are the same old boring subjects.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Oh I'm rising all right and if I don't get my way I'm going to drop a Boom Boom on somebody, then I'm going to make a Boom Boom in my pants.

They call me the little King of the North because I'm only 5' 2" but I get my hair cut like this so I look 2 inches taller.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit