Crisis of Conscience ...should we sell the book or keep it?

by Latte 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In What sense does Amazon say it is worth £20? Just because a book is listed for a certain price doesn't necessarily make it worth that price. I should know. Market value is an extremely fluid concept, especially when it comes to used books.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I found Crisis of Conscience in my library 24 years ago and it saved my life. In the UK, just so you know, they don't sell off books in booksales in libraries until they become tatty or in the case of science and medical books when they are just too old to be accurate. Ask if a donated book will be put into stock or got rid of. Sometimes they don't accept donations because they don't have any room at the present time. Whoever donated that book or suggested the library buy it I owe them a huge debt of gratitude. It was before the internet so it was the only way I could have found it.

At the moment in the library where I work there is a book written by the former editor of the local newspaper of his experience growing up as a JW and his subsequent escape from it. This goes out on loan regularly.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    In the UK, just so you know, they don't sell off books in booksales in libraries until they become tatty or in the case of science and medical books when they are just too old to be accurate.

LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit