Why do they assume they were anointed?

by Sheep2slaughter 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

I am well aware that this thread could diverge into a discussion of the legitimacy of the Watchtowers view of heavenly class and earthly class and what not. ... But that's not the thrust of my question. I just replied to a thread about going to Memorial and started thinking how after Jesus started out no one talked about actually doing it after the initial time. Then that made me think this:

Why do they (the Watchtower Man) assume that first century Christians were all of the anointed class? Is there any support for the notion that they all were anointed?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Everyone was of the Anointed until 1935ish when Rutherford had a brain fart and invented the Earth Only class.

This bit of Noo Lite was necessitated by so many converts the 144,000 figure was not looking literal anymore.

What there is very little if any real Biblical support for is this idea of a paradise earth where people live forever.

• Wholly
    Wholly

Good question. I'll be looking forward to viewing all answers given. The path of the righteous ones get brighter and brighter, not the Holy Spirit gives more illumination on its initial "food" at the proper time. That's my understanding.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Funny thing is... who says there are more then one "class"? Who says there is a "class" at all? You either are a follower of Christ or not... I think there is no thing in between. No two rewards etc. My father says he is from the anointed class... he participates etc etc but never can explain why... he says: I just know it :P lolllllllzzzzzzz

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The so called 'annointed'(R) people I knew when I was in the disgusting WBT$ cult were mostly oddballs. Sorry to be so brutal but that's how it seemed.

I formed the conclusion that they were just council house (projects in the USA?), nobody sorts that wanted to feel special.

Now even the WBT$ has demoted them back to nobody.

All hail the Governing body!

• blondie
  • Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I think the main reason for that is that "the great crowd" was supposed to survive the big A.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

They think they are anointed because they are "mentally diseased" (tm).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tik - To the GB everyone is nuts

Anointed are nuts - August 15, 2011 Watchtower (the study edition) pg 22 QfR: Memorial partakers. This is the number
    of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed
    ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors—including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance—might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones.

• Emery
    Emery

A revelation by a drunkard, a false prophet drunkard. The idea that God would close the heavenly gates is not backed up by any bible passage. Nowhere in the bible does it indicate a 2 class system of Christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit