Steve Hassan's BITE model mapped to WTS Part 1

by Julia Orwell 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Eustace
    Eustace

c. What food the person eats, drinks, adopts, and rejects

Anything with blood in it for example, black pudding.

That's the second reference to black pudding being prohibited I've seen on this site lately. What are you guys talking about?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Need to ask permission for major decisions

R&F JWs may not need to directly ask the elders or anyone else for permission to make major decisions, but consider the reality of being a JW: All your major decisions are made for you!

Both this week's and last week's WT Study articles deal with seven areas that might DISTANCE YOU FROM JEHOVAH if you make the wrong choice. The seven areas are:

• Employment and Career - where, when and why you might want to take a certain job
    • Recreation and Entertainment - the types and time spent
    • Family Relationships - don't communicate with loved ones that have "left Jehovah," not even by email!
    • Technology - don't sell your body parts just to buy fadish gadgets*
    • Health - no facelifts, tummy tucks or boob-jobs
    • Money - I know, you thought this was covered last week under Employment and Career, but that wasn't quite enough. No investing in the stock market. We know the WTBTS invests in hedgefunds, but we know what we're doing. You clearly do not.
    • Pride - the right kind is good, the wrong kind will get you killed at Armageddon.
      • What is the right kind? Being proud to be a JW!
      • What is the wrong kind? Being proud of yourself!

(January 15th, 2013 Watchtower, pp. 12 - 21)

The first of the two study articles concludes by encouraging us to MAKE WISE CHOICES and asks us this thought provoking question:

What is your resolve when it comes to your use of free will?

While the explicit answer is NOT in the paragraphs of the article, it is implicit that the correct answer is:

I will use my free will to do whatever the WT tells me to do!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

* - No I'm not making this up!

"One young man so passionately desired a particular tablet computer that he secretly sold one of his kidneys to buy it. What a shortsighted sacrifice! " - w2013 1/15, p. 17, para. 3

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Add to my previous post that JWs are given detailed rules and regulations regarding:

1. Marriage mates - who you can and cannot marry
    2. Education - how much you can and cannot have
    3. Friends & Associates - who you can and cannot hang out with, including non-JW family and workmates
    4. Drinking - how much you can and cannot have
    5. Sexual Practices - no oral, at least until we change our mind ... again!

There are more. The list is long ....

• blondie
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

OODAD (and not to hijack this thread)... your comment reminded me to research the whole boy sells kidney for tablet thing. Turns out it is true.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Wang-Shangkun-Anhui-Province-Kidney-Chenzhou-iPad-2,19546.html

It's definitely one of those way out there remarks, though.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

leaving_quietly, thanks for doing the fact-checking on the kidney for an iPad thing!

Obviously, with 8 billion-ish people on the planet someone, somewhere is going to do something stupid.

Including this extreme act of foolishness in the article just demonstrates how the GB and their team on the Writing Department view the R&F Witnesses: You are foolish, little children that will do stupid things if we don't constantly remind what to do and what not to do, how to think and how not to think, what to believe and what not to believe. You are so lucky to have us looking out for you!

I, on the other hand, have come to believe it is much healthier to expect that people will generally do the right thing most of the time. People usually (not always) adjust to the expectations set for them by those in authority.

This is true in Parent-Child relationships as well as with Teacher-Student and Employer-Employee relationships.

“If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.” - Abraham Lincoln

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Check out Brad Zooks channel regarding how the BITE model applies to the Jws.

It is a 4 part series that I think you will find interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/zookb

NJY

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

I asked my bf if it is true the borg control how couple should behave in bed, that really got him lost it! I guess it hurt his ego big time! .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit