Omg!!! I can't believe it! I'm in tears here (Part of a Convo with a sister on FB)

by MsGrowingGirl20 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

• Me: Hey

• Sally: hey...well, I'm not sure if i'm suppose to be talkin to you, because i was disfellowshipped. u do know that right??? but i hope all is well with u, love u guys still.

• Me: No...I didn't know that girl. I haven't been to the hall in abt 5 months.
    • Sally: Or okay. well yeah i was. Why haven't u been though, I hope u didnt get sick again
    • Me: Nope I wasn't sick. I know that you're probably trying to work your way back into the organization but girl...
    I'm just going to say it---I have some issues with the religion. Please don't feel that i'm trying to convince you of anything ok. It's just my feelings. I don't believe that it is the only true religion. I'm so sorry that you are disfellowship because you are probably having lots of problems with your family Girl...u can always facebook me if u feel comfortable doing that ok
    • Sally: I'm having LOTSSS of problems with my family. Even though i'm trying to go to meetings because i love my mother and my little bro i feel THE SAME EXACT WAY as you do. i really dont know how to tell my mom, but i left not only because i have a boyfriend but i really don't believe in the religion. i've been lookin up stuff and the way the organization is organize. Also, im doubting that a loving God wouldd tell a parent to SHUN their own children
    It's sad, when ppl u once laughed and had fun with want to talk to you and smile at you but they cant because MAN told them not to.
    • Me: I'm feeling soooo sorry for you.

• Sally: girl please don't because i don't have to live a double life anymore. Feel sorry for those who can't make a decision on their own and have to depend on man to guide them.
  • MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

I tried to space it out but it's not staying like i put it

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

It's really sad...I do believe that this is more frequent than we think. A lot of people in the congregation have access to information and like to think for themselves.

A lot of people suffer, that's for sure...but this could be a time-bomb for the organisation. Lots of people are waiting for the right moment to leave.

I am sure that your friend will contact you again. Best regards

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

I felt so relieved. Many people have doubts and more people are waking up.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Oh yes. That's for sure. We have only seen the beginning of it.

• Gayle
    Gayle

woooohoooo!! Wow, that's great!,, if people, former or inactive JWs can get online and read the facts about JW and find each other online, and feel they can get more honest,,maybe the WTS will get more "outflow." Could a snowballing effect happen?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
  • Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

That's probably the case, Gayle. The society has been warning for the "dangers" of internet. I think social networks like Facebbok and this site are excellent in that aspect.

• nugget
    nugget

I am glad she has made a positive choice and wish her well.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

A little background: She is about 22 and me and another sister had to study with her some time last year. In fact, she was the last study before i left. She's really nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit