JC was formed, without even letting me know!?

by magotan 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• magotan
    magotan

No one will take my intent to DA or DF seriously. They called me again (three brothers this time) and asked me to meet with them. I had no intention of doing so....simply told them there was nothing to talk about.

So I finally uttered the sentence "I do not wish to be associated as being one of Jehovah's Witnesses". They asked why, and I wouldn't answer. I told them I loved them, and since I'm actually at school trying to do HW, I hung up the phone.

They want me to sit down and talk. I feel really bad, but there is nothing I can say. If I don't agree, I'm attacking their faith. It's all or nothing with them. I feel bad that maybe I didn't give my parents (not my brothers) an explanation, but honestly, everytime I tried, no one listened. I'm sorry if I made them cry, I'm sorry if I hurt their feelings. But I can't live my life this way. I can't go along with an organization that is so...destructive.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Just don't go. They don't have any power over you.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

it is hard to accept, but they are really some incredibly manipulative people....mind control. when someone steps away peacefully that is just the worst stinging sensation for their borg brains. they so desperately just want to say something to you like, "you will contract aids within 2 months, be shot in the face, and then die after being bit in the chest by a brown recluse spider." but they can't, so they go through this whole spiel to try and inflict as much of their fantasized torment onto you through passive aggression and whatever else.

• magotan
    magotan

I didn't go, mostly because they had already called after it had started! The tone was of love, so I did feel a bit emotional, but there's literally nothing to say.

They want me to fail, and it's honestly it's a sick fantasy of theirs I have no intention of realizing.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Gosh...i'm so sorry ro hear u in so much pain. Just trust and believe that it gets better...have a strong mind-know what you're about and your reasons for it. And don't fear them-the elders that is.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Your peaceful leaving puts them at odds. They sniff out a "wrongdoing" and dearly want to mete out your punishment. You've cut-off all that, so the three elders are left staring at each other. What they gonna do? Quote bible verses to each other?

I'm glad you kept it simple. It is good to hear that you are doing your homework.

• Violia
    Violia
    it is hard to accept, but they are really some incredibly manipulative people....mind control. when someone steps away peacefully that is just the worst stinging sensation for their borg brains. they so desperately just want to say something to you like, "you will contract aids within 2 months, be shot in the face, and then die after being bit in the chest by a brown recluse spider." but they can't, so they go through this whole spiel to try and inflict as much of their fantasized torment onto you through passive aggression and whatever else.

this is the most accurate statement I have ever read.

I once assisted in a 25+ yr crusade to find a way to DA or DF a former elder. He had the audacity to just leave and not talk to anyone. They called on him for so long b/c he was one of their own. He was through with them and it really strung badly. His life was fine. They longed for the day he'd do ANYTHING so they could make the announcement. As it turned out I had some knowledge that they used to finish him off. They held a large meeting with numerous congregation elders invited to celebrate. So, indeed what captain kirk said is spot on.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You made the right decision to skip the jc. As painful as it may be to have your name announced as no longer being a jw, you will be totally free. No more random phone calls to try to change your sexuality, your goals, and your dreams. And any pain your family feels is self-inflicted. You had the intelligence and insight to see the Watch Tower cult for what it is, and it is NOT your fault that they can't do the same.

Any normal parents would be so proud of what you've accomplished at such a young age...how far you are in college, your full time job, and the fact that you pay your own bills and support yourself. You will NOT fail, my dear, because you don't have it in you....never did and never will.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Interesting thoughts about passive agression. I think this is common among JW's. Not only because of all the gossiping..., but "peaceful" people looking forwars to see a mass slaughter of billions in the big A.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

The elders' power is imagined. They don't understand "no." Try, "I don't recognize you as a competent counselor. I don't recognize you as an authoritative representative of God or Christ. There is no reason for me to meet with you."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit