Part 1 of the 2013 Conti and Simons interview now on YouTube (questions posed by JWN members)

by cedars 32 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

A while back we ran a "competition" whereby people could pose questions of Candace Conti and Rick Simons for them to answer in a video.

There were so many questions that we needed to do a series rather than just one video. This first instalment is now on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhvFEFpIg4A

Here are the questions that were answered...

(To Rick, asked by "exwhyzee") Is there a possibility that part of the ruling, if you overcome the appeal, will be that the Society must make an announcement outlining the details of the case to its members, as well as an apology to Candace?

(To Candace, asked by "toweragent") Why did you not take this to court sooner - why wait so long?

(To Rick, asked by "Idrnomo," "Balaamsass" and "mind blown") Has Watchtower tried to make any kind of settlement offers, either before or during the appeals process?

(To both Candace & Rick, asked by "Vidiot") Is the larger legal community beyond Team Conti paying closer-than-usual attention to the way this case is playing out?

(To Candace but answered by Rick, asked by "Christ Alone") Have you heard of any others who will be taking the same legal action against the Society that you took?

(To Rick, asked by "Hoffnung") How would you describe the contact and communication between your legal team and the Society's lawyers?

(To Rick, asked by "AnnOMaly") Please could you clarify how the appeal bond works. Does the Society have to pay the full $17 million now, or just the premium? If their appeal fails, do they have to pay the insurance company the $17 million in addition to the premium payments?

(To Candace, asked by "belbab") What principles or personal motives, biblical or otherwise, led you to pursue the case to the end without wanting to settle out of court?

Thanks to all who participated in this!

I'll let you all know when the next video in the series is uploaded, when obviously more JWN member questions will be answered.

Cedars

• besty
    besty

thank you Cedars for your work on this and all others who helped with the production (nugget...cough cough)

Candace, Rick - thank you for giving voice to the wider community - you know how much it means for us to see behind the shadows of secrecy the Watchtower likes to lurk in...

sunlight is a powerful disinfectant

• Fernando
    Fernando

Cedars, and company, thank you for your hard work - a labour of love indeed.

I am delighted that the spiritually schizophrenic and psychotic Pharisees and Sanhedrin, slippery serpents and vermin that they are, have to squirm for a change, instead of their victims.

A big thank you too for Rick Simons and Candace Conti for making pioneering breakthroughs on behalf of victims past, present and future.

• maisha
    maisha

Interesting comment how they didnt show Candis the respect DUE!....

May Jehovah SLAP THEM!

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks folks. In my opinion this interview series would not have been as good if not for the input from JWN members, so I'm grateful for that.

If only the Governing Body members would submit to a similar grilling!!

Cedars

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Thanks Cedars, and of course Candace and her lawyer to set time aside for this.

I loved the remark from Rick that the WT was now as polite and professional to them as they should have been to Candace to begin with

Looking forward to the next installments.

Hoffnung

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I found Candace's replies very moving because the public talk this morning was designed to discourage seeking justice in this system of things - she is indeed a courageous, intelligent and passionate young woman - thank you Candace. Rick also sounds sincere and genuine.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thank you so much it really means a lot to have people like you Cedars on this board that are doing such a great job in letting us know what is happening.

I cannot express in words how much your posts and insight have meant to me, the way you reason and come to cconclusions on matters helps explain things so much easier for me and it has really helped me to reason with my husband, in fact he just watched this YouTube with me and thought it was very well done yet he is now getting ready to go to the meeting. Not that long ago he would never have even thought of watching something like this.

Just thank you so much for all of your hard work. I know you are helping people to see the TTATT better.

LITS

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Many thanks to Candace and Kathleen Conti and Rick Simons for their participation!!!

Cedars, thanks always for your hard work and efforts to shed light. The video looked great. Some good questions were asked and answered and I am looking forward to part 2.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I hope what transpires from this case is newly created legislative laws that makes (all) religious institutions NOT a social environment for people who

have been accused and charged with child abuse a social environment of non-disclosure .

Religious institutions such as the Catholics and JWS have been conducting themselves under their own created rules of conduct concerning this

situation , which have shown to be a real detriment to the general public at large.

Pedophilia is not just a behavioral sin, its a behavioral crime imposed against innocent participants and has shown to have great damaging

results out of this behavior.

What should be created is a policy that states that all religious institutions should openly recognize within their congregate that one attending member,

whether its a representing clergy member or not, has been charged with this offense and its should be in the best interests of the congregation that this

individual should not be left alone with minors.

These people can still attend the religious faith of their own choosing and act accordingly as a recognized member but are not to be placed in situation

of them being alone with mirors.

In matter fact because most law institutions recognize that people who have been charged with this offense have a high likelihood to

re-offend is the exact reason why this stipulation is placed onto people once they're released from incarceration and released to the

general public.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit