Jesus was not the Messiah because of Moses & Ruth.. read scriptures below.

by mP 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

Ive got news for you Jesus was not legible to be the Messiah. Moses says that Moabites are banned from the congregation of Jehovah forever and since Ruth was an ancestor Jesus is banned.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/deuteronomy/23

No Am′mon?ite or Mo′ab?ite may come into the congregation of Jehovah. Even to the tenth generation none of theirs may come into the congregation of Jehovah to time indefinite

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/ruth/4

t that he said: “I shall be the one to repurchase it.” 5 Then Bo′az said: “On the day that you buy the field from Na′o?mi’s hand, it is also from Ruth the Mo′ab?i?tess, the wife of the dead man, that you must buy it so as to cause the name of the dead man to rise upon his inheritance.” 6

• Ding
    Ding

Then David couldn't have been king of Israel either... and none of his descendants could be the Messiah.

Perhaps the exception was made because Ruth converted to Judaism... "your God will be my God," etc.

• mP
    mP

Ding:

Read the text, Jehovah was quite clear. At best if Ruth was an exception nowhere is this stated, and if Jehovah can predict the future he should be more careful when making statements like the ones quoted. NOt only is such a statement racist its obvious flawed. He shouldnt have accepted Ruth then, because it contradcits his law by Moses and makes him look stupid.

• tec
    tec

Mercy never makes one look stupid.

As for the child of Ruth and Boaz(Obed), from what I understand of the kinsman-redeemer law, he was named for the line of Naomi's son, to keep that name going. So the son was Israel, as with the rest of the line that comes from him. Obed, Jesse, David....... Christ.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

TEC:

Your analysis is correct, but it doesnt change the fact that Jehovah with his law that was given to Moses which Jesus validated as correct rules himself out as the Messiah. The text says Moabite which means both men and women.

Sad but true.

• mP
    mP

Ding:

Then David couldn't have been king of Israel either... and none of his descendants could be the Messiah

MP:

I forgot to mentioned not hat David couldnt because he was, but he SHOULDNT have.

• tec
    tec

That is quite the loaded sentence you've got up there, mP.

We disagree 100% on Christ and the law.

Oddly enough for your point, none of the disciples OR any of the Jews - learned or not - who were aware of the law and traditions; had a problem thinking that the Messiah was to come from the line of David. Regardless of whether they accepted 'Jesus' as the messiah or not; they did not disregard that He would come from the line of David.

So perhaps you might consider that your understanding of this... is a tad... lacking.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

TEC:

That is quite the loaded sentence you've got up there, mP.

MP:
    Without a quote i dont know exactly wich setence your referring too.

TEC:

We disagree 100% on Christ and the law.

MP:

But you must agree that the OT defines who is the Messiah and the scriptures i show above form part of the "checklist". You previously post was the final link in demonstrating that Jesus had Moabite blood in him which disqualifies his select.

I see that you have not challenged this.

• mP
    mP

TEC
    Oddly enough for your point, none of the disciples OR any of the Jews - learned or not - who were aware of the law and traditions; had a problem thinking that the Messiah was to come from the line of David. Regardless of whether they accepted 'Jesus' as the messiah or not; they did not disregard that He would come from the line of David.

MP:

In this case we are not discussing what the apostles thought were the attributes or qualifications of the messiah. We are using the evidence they wrote down to gain his family tree together with Moses rules for the nation and the book of Ruth to gain some facts.

TEC:

So perhaps you might consider that your understanding of this... is a tad... lacking.

MP:

I dont get this, elaborate.

• mP
    mP

DING:

Perhaps the exception was made because Ruth converted to Judaism... "your God will be my God," etc.

MP:

The law in Deu does not include exceptions, its quite clear. Your exception is just made up stuff. God who sees the future had hundreds of years to change this but none of his spokesmen, eg Ezra etc changed this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit