Is the Revelation Grand Climax book in print anymore?

by wallsofjericho 50 Replies latest jw friends

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

i watched a couple Daniel Clark videos on Youtube (simple but interesting btw) and he mentioned the Revelation book is no longer in print.

is that true?? what other books did we grow up with that are out of print?

• truth book
    • live forever book
    • (old) united in worship
    • (old) evolution/creation book

those seem to be the biggies. lots of other lame ones like Peace & Security, Prince of Peace book (i think this one talked about Jah possibly opening up other planets for perfect humans to live on)

any one know for sure about the Rev book?

• finally awake
    finally awake

no idea. it was a dog of a book

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I don't think so. It was published in 1987 or 1988....and I think it stated some 40-50 times that the end wold come in the "this century", the 20th century. They didn't even bother to make a new revised edition, there was just a folder with the "kingdom ministry" to cut and glue in to the book to cover up all paragraphs with "finished in this century".

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    there was just a folder with the "kingdom ministry" to cut and glue in to the book to cover up all paragraphs with "finished in this century".

yes that was pretty funny. Almost as if they expected the book to die soon so not to waste money on a new inventory of grabage can food

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

This happened after my time as an active publisher.........but when I heared of it I wondered what the reactions of the rank and file would be. This must have been really embarrasing for the society. And as well embarrasing for the publishers.

• Sulla
    Sulla

When I was in the bindery, we were cranking out Revelation books like mad. Big, floppy books have to be feed into the casing-in machine just right -- a sort of double move rather than the simplistic 192-page-technique. 32 books per minute, as I recall.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Wait you were not joking about the cut and paste? I can not believe that.

The Revelation book was the book that really got me to the TATT. I appreciate that book. It was very apparent that this entire religion was being completely made up and fabricated like a good ol Texas Tall Tale.

When you extrapulate 4 paragraphs of WTBULLSHIT from 1 paragraph of revelation, something is up. I guess it was the way it was presented that made it clear my little 14 year old brain.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

No no....I have heared about it from those still in. It is unbeleivable, i know.....but I remember the Climax book stated the ending in the 20*th century a lot of times. When the year 2000 arrived..that book must have been an anti-climax-book!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

It was these "amendments" started me thinking and although not the main reason I am out they definitely helped.

• sir82
    sir82
    I remember the Climax book stated the ending in the 20*th century a lot of times.

It never said that.

God help me, I know, we studied it in the book study at least 5 times.

A lot of the 70 revisions had to do with the 1918-19 imprisonment of Rutherford & his cronies. Original versions of the book stated they were "exonerated". What actually happened (and noted in te hcorrections) was that "charges were dropped". A BIG difference from "exonerated".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit