Jacked up Religion!!! God's word for us through Jeremiah!!!

by DATA-DOG 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

???

Sorry for my ignorance, but was this subject covered in the book study this week?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I too can't sit through the meetings anymore. Haven't been to the TMS for a few weeks, and before that I zoned out of the Jeremiah study. Talk about twisting the scriptures! I've often found a lot of things unpalatable at the meetings but being a goodthinkful JW I glossed over those things. I'm still trying to break free. I never want to sit through another one of those "aren't-we-so-much-better-than-the-world-and-every-other-religion" meetings ever again.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

When I reflect on the past, I cringe when I think about the things I used to teach at the book study. My missteps were partly indoctrination but also a product of my own laziness. Parroting God's word according to JW teaching, was no longer good enough.

My last mistake, as a JW, was thinking that I could change things by remaining. I used to correct elders after talks or make comments during a Watchtower study that would embarrass them. It was done in a friendly way and because I was right, by their own standards, they feared me.

I turned the table on them and they have no power over me. Because I am respectful, they still welcome my counsel. Recently, an elder admitted to me that he used an illustration that I shared with him at an Elder's school. It would be nice to say that it would make a difference, but elders are stupid.

The only reason why I share this is to empower those that feel oppressed. The only power those people have is the power that you have been led to believe they should have. An ex-CO asked me if I respected an elder's authority and I said, "Only those that respect Jehovah's authority." I proceeded to tell the ex-CO about how a Bethel friend of mine removed an ex-DO elder in his congregation, and I asked my Bethel friend how he did it. He said that as long as you have the Bible on your side, no one can stand against you.

I stared into the ex-CO's eyes and he didn't say a word. The ex-CO asks for my advice on occasion but that is only because I allow it.

• man oh man
    man oh man

I was handling a microphone for this junk food fest! Couldn't keep a striaght face! Kept commenting in my head what everyone is saying here! Nasty!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit