Jacked up Religion!!! God's word for us through Jeremiah!!!

by DATA-DOG 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pterist
    Pterist

A little wine make the heart glad ! ....

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    Elder's wife: Unlike Churches who excommunicate members, Df'ing is a loving arrangement

LOL(cynically). Gotta love it. This is as bad as abusive husbands on the Lifetime Channel yelling "I only beat you cuz I love you!!! Don't make me hurt you Beatrice!" Messed up organization. Makes you question God's existance at times.

• Londo111
    Londo111

When I was fading, meetings became excruciating. The hate speech was too much. At one point, I walked out during a Bible Highlights. I couldn’t take the negativity.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

1463 Certain particularly grave sins incur excommunication, the most severe ecclesiastical penalty, which impedes the reception of the sacraments and the exercise of certain ecclesiastical acts, and for which absolution consequently cannot be granted, according to canon law, except by the Pope, the bishop of the place or priests authorized by them. In danger of death any priest, even if deprived of faculties for hearing confessions, can absolve from every sin and excommunication. 69

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Elder's wife: Unlike Churches who excommunicate members, Df'ing is a loving arrangement!

So has she actually experienced this "loving arrangement" herself? The whole point of it is the withdrawal of love from the DF'd person, not the showing of love towards them. No, no, it's because I love you that I won't even say hello to you on the street anymore!

Elder: Jehovah does not get emotionally involved, and is not sentimental when it comes to someone repenting.

Perhaps he meant to say Jehovahthe elders do not get emotionally involved, and are not sentimental when it comes to someone repenting. Never seen eyes so dry as elders' eyes in a judicial committee. So...Greatest Dad in Universe doesn't get emotionally involved when it comes to his kids' turning around and doing the right thing. [Nods] Makes sense. Just don't expect any God-sized mugs on Father's Day, you a--hole! Oh, wait, why would he get involved? We're not God's children at all, remember? We're the little bastards who have to obey his real children for the next millennium or so, and then if we're lucky, he'll adopt us.

Elder: The Elders do not want to speak with us repeatedly, so just repent the first time.

So you only want to speak to me once? What a loving, self-sacrificing attitude that is! Talk about imitating Jesus, do you want a f***ing medal?!

We can see when someone is heading down a wrong path. So you should listen when the Elders speak

Yeah, it usually starts with dropping for 10 hours a month in field service to 5 hours a month. Were it not for that, you wouldn't see sh** if it was flyin' at you. 'Cause you sure don't want to talk to us more than once, so it's not like you can actually get to know anything meaningful about us.

These guys are rich, they really are.

--sd-7

• Sulla
    Sulla

Henry VIII didn't even manage to get himself excommunicated. It's just not that easy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Elder's wife: Unlike Churches who excommunicate members, Df'ing is a loving arrangement!

Yes total abandonment is so loving and righteous isn't ?

Bible scripture speaks about separating oneself from evil people for you too may be absored into becoming evil.

Not that bad of advise when you think about it.

What the bible doesn't say or do is to openly and publicly announced that a certain person should be shunned, including their own family members.

This is simply going beyond what is written and is intransigently created by the WTS on its own.

• mP
    mP

Sulla:

Henry Viii was no fool, he realised xianity is a scam and he wanted to be the leader and not subject to the pope.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

DATA:

Got you linked here.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Love your illustrations, Outlaw.

This was not such an encouraging Book Study for me as well.

I find this book hard to tolerate. There are too many applications made that just doesn't fit the passage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit