What is the best way to celebrate ?

by Phizzy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What is the best way for an inactive/ fader like me to celebrate the anniversary of my walking away from all things JW ?

As my last Meeting was the Memorial several years ago, it always falls around this time of year.

My first instinct is,........ wait for it............. you've guessed it............... LOTS OF BEER !

But what I was looking for was something that would send a message to JW's, especially family that are in, without them having a way to dismiss it as me being provocative or whatever.

Any ideas ?????

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yes, def go out for a few "cold ones", but do it at the restaurant that many of the Jdubs will likely choose after their meeting.

Be sure to go with some good friends, good looking women, what ever -- and make it clear that you're having a VERY GOOD TIME WITH LIFE.

It will ruin their evening. If you can afford it, pick up a "round" for their table.

Doc

• cantleave
    cantleave

Beer - TV - Sleep.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You know me too well Cantleave ! that is more than likely the order of things.

I like your idea DOC, my actual Anniversary day does not fall on this years memorial date, but maybe I could do as you say right after the Memorial finishes !

I know a few of the old gang go out after, the purse-lipped kill-joys used to look down on them for doing it.

I need to get a gaggle of beautiful young girls on my table, and make sure we all laugh and carouse in a very provocative way ! One of the nosey Dubs is sure to ask what the celebration is !

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

put a lil ad in the paper!

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

A nice Trinidad stogie and a coupla 'hired for the occasion' blonde twins on each arm. Then a soulfull karaoke rendition of Running Free by Iron Maiden. "get out my way yeah!"

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Get a tattoo with the date of last meeting / memorial and a little quote or slogan:

I love Freedom

My Life My Rules

etc etc you get the idea.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Put all your old JW books on eBay for 0.99p each.

Get a good DVD, a bottle of Wray&Nephew rum, coke, ice and order a kebab from the local takeaway. Give the delivery geezer a tip.

....or come and watch my band on Saturday in Peterborough. We're doing a birthday party as an unplugged 4some.

Either way be happy. The GB hate happy!

• Pickler
    Pickler

I agree with punky, get rid of all your JW books, if you haven't already.

kebabs are ALWAYS excellent. Get a decent bottle of red.

smoke a cigar, if you are watching TV.... Make sure it's filthy dirty!

• jam
    jam

Remerber how you felt when you graduated from high school,

a whole world waiting for you, you have arrived. This may be

extreme, attend your next District Assembly on the first day on

opening remarks get up, walk to your car and while walking in

the parking lot throw your Bible, mags and other publications

in the air. Yell I am free, the world is waiting for me, kiss my rear.

OK, I said this may be a little extreme.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit