realization

by musky 13 Replies latest jw friends

• musky
    musky

I just realized this today.
    I started doubting the witnesses teachings about 16 years ago. Being raised a witness made it difficult to believe that this was not the truth. I still cannot seem to get off the fence.I havent gone to meetings in a long time. I used to read the bible quite a bit, but not so much now.

My realization? that satan has me where he wants me.

Life is not always so easy.

Oh well, maybe someday some idea will jump up and slap me in the face and all will be well. Or maybe I will go to my grave many years from now feeling the same way I do today. I gotta believe that would not be a good thing.

Anybody else in this situation ?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

hmmmm.
    One assumes that you want to do that which is right.
    When I reached the point where I was prepared to dedicate my life to God(rather than my parents dedicating it for me)I decided to study the Watchtower for myself (something Id never done) to establish the "Truth of all things".
    Once I started independant study....
    It was all over very quickly.

Why dont you do some independant reading of Old WTs and form your opinion on what they mean?

Or, you could sit down and start reading the Bible, in sequence, from page 1. Try that.
    See if you can "love" The Old Testament God.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, i guess since i'm satan, i can say that on the fence is not a bad place to be. You can see further than people on either side can. You also should be able to see both sides. You don't need to take sides. It could be that, when a person gets really deep into stuff, there is only one side, and we are all on it. Cool, eh?

SS

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

The fence can be a dangerous place [8>]!
    People will poke at ya from both sides
    Well, heres a poke from the other side:
    If you care about Jehovah and love him then
    Study the Bible and only the Bible for yourself.
    If your beliefs can't withstand that, then there's a problem.
    Then you can decide whether to fix the problem and put your faith in what the Bible says or you can choose to ignore it and hope the JWs turn out to be right about Hell not existing .
    Just kidding about the hell thing cuz' love for God should drive your quest, not fear of a punishment.
    Sincerely...........consider it..............
    God bless and e-mail anytime,
    Angie <><

• COMF
    COMF

My realization? that satan has me where he wants me.

No.

The only thing that has you is your own fear.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    People will poke at ya from both sides
    Well, heres a poke from the other side

hope the JWs turn out to be right about Hell not existing

It's always the evangelicals that do most of the poking. They have a fear of god, and they try to scare others w hell. Niether fear nor faith are necessary. A judge in court cases has neither.

SS

• garybuss
    garybuss

BOO

• rekless
    rekless

If you think that Satan has you where he wants you, then why won't God help you get to where he wants you?

I think the WTS has you where thet want you...brain dead and doubting your life.

As long as you think the org. has anything to do with God or is his channel you are at their mercy .

What prophecy have they proclaime that has come true?!!!

Hope off that fence and enjoy a guilty free life.
    Live laught and love as you have never done before.

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

• LB
    LB

Maybe God has you where he wants you?

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• rekless
    rekless

lb
    maybe you are correct.

Hell is truth seen too late. H.G.Adams

Share this

Google+