May’s ‘study WT’ admits having taught “far-fetched” ideas

by wheelwithinwheel 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos
    even the term "far-fetched" is deceiving, suggesting there is some substance to the really idiotic ideas, like: go fetch the stick -- dog. I diotic in the sense of describing life-like qualities to the s-word of "god"
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

95% of witnesses will not even see the significance of this!

Most don't actually study anything deep....they just "live the life of a witness" , and do whatever the most holy GB tell them...at the current time.....

I know of smarter pets than the majority of witnesses!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - "I find find it humorously ironic that even when the WTS tries to whitewash over its many false doctrines they are still complacently dishonest and self supportingly corrupt in their attempt.."

Once again for the newbies, lurkers, and trolls...

x

...if you have to cheat to defend your beliefs, your beliefs don't deserve to be defended.

• CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor

Everything is watered down now. All the talk about types/anti-types is lost on the average JW. I would venture to say the younger generations are completely clueless about the concept in general. Most of the younger generations now are caught up with selfies on Instagram, wearing/selling those JW.org lapel pins and adoring (a.k.a. "doing obedience to") the new New World Translation (a.k.a. "Silver Sword").

"They bow down to the work of their own hands, to what their own fingers have made" (Isaiah 2:8)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

You mean the average Witness actually knows about the concepts of Types and Antitypes? That's an unfounded assumption.

This would be the old-timers like my parents. So many of the things they had been previously taught have already been discarded, this is just one more thing... yet a very big thing.

When they write stuff like this, it gives ever more validity to my argument that WT teachings are all like shifting sand. To try to build faith on what they are teaching and prophesying now is futile since those teachings can dramatically shift with one sentence in one article. Then shift again just a few months later.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The GB today knows they can dumb down the organization's old antiquated failed doctrines and most of that comes from the accepting realization of the strong armed approach to apostasy within the organization itself.

People who talk against the organization are quickly apprehended and muzzled.

Thats a type by the way !

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I mentioned the elimination of the type/anti type to someone at the hall. their response was to the effect " isn't it wonderful how the governing body cares for us in making things easily understandable".

Jehovah's witnesses have to be the most gullible people on the face of the earth. I am ashamed I was too at one time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

wannaexit - "I mentioned the elimination of the type/anti type to someone at the hall. their response was to the effect 'isn't it wonderful how the governing body cares for us in making things easily understandable'."

I'm amazed you didn't facepalm yourself unconscious.

x

Assuming he's not still shuffling around muttering to his shoes in the afterlife, ol' Freddy Franz would be rolling in his grave at all this.

Or am I "anti-type"-casting?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Some writers in the centuries after Christ’s death fell into a trap - they saw types everywhere..."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTypes and anti-types...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Some writers in the centuries after Christ’s death fell into a trap - they saw types everywhere..."

xxxx

"I see types... walking around like anti-types...

they're everywhere..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit