CULT, if JW ,how about Christ?

by happy man 18 Replies latest jw friends

• happy man
    happy man

Thank you foreyour answer A.
    But if we reed the bibelI think your wrong,what abaout MATT 10:16-23
    OR MATT 21.33-46,OR 22:14 OR 25.31-46
    This was only a few who show it is only a ew who willbe saved,thats what the bibelsay,you can not be blind for this,even if it is hard to understand.So iof you are unest you must agree that the first christians was wery diffrent,so diffrent that they putt them to lions and wild beasts. But ofcourse you no this widh your expiriens as a JW,
    i thank you for the nice you say abaout mee,on unother treth.
    And as I say A,sorry to lose men like you, I think we are a lot of Jw who have need you inside, for change.
    sendingmy regards fromsweden.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    But if we go back to Christ and was he was teching,

We really don't know much about what Jesus was teaching, now do we, happyman? We only know what a few people (people we know almost nothing about) said his sayings were, some 60 years and more removed from Him.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Jesus talked about only a few being saved. He did not give authority to anyone to judge who that is.

Such as Watchtower deciding that rape and molestation survivors should be 'cut off', and if a JW disagree with that --even a relative such as a parent or child--THAT person in turn would be cut off. This is cult behavior.

Such as any pro-Watchtowerite coming on this board and blatantly and flagrantly lying about Watchtower doctrines, trying to slant the views in a favorable light, 'water it down' so to speak. This is cult behavior. Not to mention that it doesn't work. It certainly does help support the cause of the anti-Watchtowerite, tho.

The Watchtower has always depended on one thing to gain new converts: hiding/whitewashing their history.

NO MORE!!!

• detective
    detective

Try this website and scroll down about half the page or so. You will have access to cultic criterion from different experts (including Hassan, Lifton, Singer etc).

oops: here's that site: www.ex-cult.org

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

HappyMan,In today's society,that's a cult.You said it best.
    "It is not a form of religious persecution to say and to show that another religion is false, for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion." (Watchtower 11/15/63, p 688)

RevFrank

• rhett
    rhett

The difference between cults and religion is the number of people. If enough people think something is normal it becomes normal. Why do we still have religion. Its vastly outlived its purpose.

Back down the bullies to the back of the bus
    Its time for them to be scared of us

• detective
    detective

I don't believe religions and cults are the same thing. I tend to think of cults in social/behavioral/psychological terms as opposed to religious ones. Group structure is more telling of cultishness, in my opinion.

But for comparison purposes- from a social/pyschological perspective, I believe religions vary from cults in many ways but one of the most obvious is that you can leave most religions without unusual punishment. Cults never allow you to leave without some sort of repercussion- either implied threat of divine or literal punishment, shunning etc.

Besides, cults encompass more than just religious groups. There are business cults as well, for example.

• hoo
    hoo

Yes, WTS is no compare to Jesus. Jesus is Lord, while WTS is slave. Jesus never makes mistakes. WTS is having full of mistakes. Happy Man, You have to accept this. There is really nothing to compare.

Hoo of Malaysia.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Cult for me means high control group.

A group of Christians can be Christians and not be a high control group.

The problem is that it is very easy for things based on spiritual beliefs to become a high control group, as 'I say so' becomes a valid reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit