Hi, I am new to this board

by rebelledat12 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hi Jessie, welcome to the board. I don't have a lot of time tonight and have a lot of catching up to do. But I wanted to stop in and say hi. Stick around and you will get to know people. Sometimes we have good advice. But usually, we just support each other.

Love and friends,
    blue

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Jessie! Welcome!

[SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa - For Great Justice!

• Frenchy
    Frenchy
    Oh, and just a little independent note about 1975 - the elders in my mother's congregation preached that it was the end of the world.

It was more than a local phenomena. The problem is that somehow they have forgotten that they were doing that and have been convinced in some way that this teaching was never pushed by the Society.

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Jessi

Glad you're here. Wow, your mom kicked you out when you were 16? That's terrible. What did your father think about that? Weren't they still together then?

I'm glad you are still able to be with your family, that helps. Stick around and get to know us all a little better. We're not as crazy as we seem.

think41self

She had the vocabulary of a brothel owner specializing in service to sailors with Tourette's syndrome

• aprostate
    aprostate

Welcome to the board Jessie. Thanks for sharing your story.

I was a third generation also.

Cheri

• ISP
    ISP

Hey, welcome to the board! I think you will in time, prefer reality to make believe...even if it is not always pretty.

ISP

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Jessie, I enjoyed reading your post. I hope you'll be back and share some more with us. I am also glad that you were never baptized and now won't face being shunned by those you consider your friends.

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

Welcome Jessi:

Knowledge is power, and the more you learn about the Watch Tower organisation the more you will see that God isn’t using them and never was. This will help a lot with the anxiety and panicky feelings.

Have you read any of Ray Franz’s books? He was in the Governing Body for 9 years, and gives an account of all he saw and experienced there. His books [2 of them] would help you also see that they are nothing more than a man made organisation just the same as many others, and would help heal you from your childhood indoctrination.

Best wishes

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Jessi-Good to have you aboard. Hey !great you were never "dunked"- that is the answer to weather they speak to you or not. I was a loyal follower of the BORg for over 20 yrs. I too used to think "were to go,were to go" After they DF me-cos I didnt believe Jesus came in 1914 -Now I am 74- Im know where to go- and it "aint" to a bunch of old men at Brooklyn Bethel- I have young Df men coming to my home daily- ( we have a support group)& women- Why? to make sure this WIDOW is O.K.
    Unfortunatly the Borg dont look after their widows.
    Thank you God for bringing me out of bondage

• zanex
    zanex

welcome...to heaven or hell, that is up to you. The point here is that you have a choice here...I MOVED out at 16..my elder dad even held the door open for me...that was 11 years ago..I never looked back...baptized I was...disfellowshippped I have been...shunnin was a whole lot of fun but freedom is not without its cost...I wouldnt change a thing...yer sister is gonna have problems...sorry j...but for what its worth be there for her when she makes that decision...it aint gonna be easy...but freedom is 100% worth it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit