1926 book "The Harp of God" scanned

by apostate man 22 Replies latest jw friends

• apostate man
    apostate man

Here are a few pics from this book. It basically tells why Jesus returned and what to expect. The preface sums it up. I wish I could scan the whole book but that would not be possible. The other books I have are "Deliverance"-1926, "Preparation"-1933, Reconciliation"-1928, "Enemies"-1937. I will be scanning more of these as I have time. The last pic here shows the complete set of Russells books, I have "the Divine Plan of the Ages". If you know of any pages that you would like scanned in any of these books, let me know.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, your into that sort of thing.
  • DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Funny, my 1928 edition of the Harp of God has deleted the "Conclusive Proof that Millions Now Living Will Never Die" and replaced it with, "The Harmony of the Ten Primary Bible Teachings."

Do you think the Judge found out that Millions Living Then did indeed die? Naw. We all know the Watchtower is true to it's teachings and would never try to change them, don't we??? Since it is "the Truth," how does "TRUTH" keep changing? Wouldn't that make yesterdays TRUTH todays "LIE?"

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I always thought "Harp of God" was published in 1921.
    Thus that scan might not be an original version.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

The Harp of God originally came out in 1921, but was reprinted, by the Watchtower, through 1928, I believe. The reprintings do show where changes were made, for what appears to be obvious reasons.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• apostate man
    apostate man

I'm not sure if this is an original or a reprint. It says 1926 on the pic above but you turn the page and its copyrighted in 1921 by Peoples Pulpit Association Brooklyn, NY.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, your into that sort of thing.
  • refiners fire
    refiners fire
    my 1928 edition of the Harp of God has deleted the "Conclusive Proof that Millions Now Living Will Never Die" and replaced it with, "The Harmony of the Ten Primary Bible Teachings."

I was never aware that the Watchtower ever engaged in blattant fabrication of that order.
    Except for the one occasion listed in the March 1, 1915 Watchtower mag.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

If this works, see for yourself;

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

That's a hoot;

J.F. Rutherford, author of: "Can The Living Talk With The Dead"

the answer would be certainly! how the hell did you think I authored this book?

• TD
    TD

Very nice. The cover and Preface are identical to my 1921 first edtion.

The interesting thing about pre-1927 editions is that they teach in no uncertain terms that C.T. Russell fulfilled the office of "wise and faithful servant" (pp. 235-241)

When this teaching was changed, a whole section of the chapter "Our Lord's Return had to be rewrtten for obvious reasons.

Tom

• RR
    RR

However, notice that 1874 is still the return of Christ, not 1914.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit