Telling a JW that you are anti-watchtower.

by jerome 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• jerome
    jerome

I have thought of many ways to let them know but I dont know which one to use, I think that I will only have one chance to do this so I have to do it right. But whatever happens I have to be honest.

I was thinking about bring out a cult fact sheet and have them anwser questions to see if they meet the criteria.

Or just ask them if they know what is "critical thinking" and move on from there asking if they knew how it could be impared.

I think that I have figured out away how to let them know that I am not totally ignorant of the organisation. but i cant reveal too much.

This is one slippery rope. If they had any idea of all the things that I know about them...

Just sitting on the fence.

jerome

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

COMF

Honor among thieves, jerome. They would be dangerously close to exposing their own scams.
    From my limited experience, I would tend to disagree with this comment. Here's why...

Growing up as a JW, I was always fed the line that JWs had a huge market share in the religous world. I'm realize now that they don't. I've met so many people that don't even know what a JW is. Unfortunately, the few people that DO know about JWs don't realize the belief systems are threatening. Most people just think they're a quirky religion. As an exJW, I've realized that my surprise at a person's ignorance of JWs is the residue of "egotistical JW thought." I shouldn't be surprised by it at all. They're but a splash in a pan.

So really it's not that they (other churches) would be exposing their own imperfections...they just don't know JWs are that dangerous.

Andi

• COMF
    COMF

As you wish, ma'amzelle.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jerome

The simplest thing to do is to drop the jw girlfriend. If you choose not to, and want to continue, there are some good ideas at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=24822&site=3

It's a long, tough job.

SS

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Billygoat, thanks for your post. Two things that always bothered me as a dub -

1. Most non-JW's I met knew next to nothing about them. This bothered me because JW's feel that all persons alive are accountable for their response or non-response to the JW message.

2. The WT religion is so complex and convoluted, I could barely understand it myself, let alone try to explain it to someone. I guess I was one of those "mental-permafrost" JW's, the deeper things of the WT religion are just weird and unappealing.

• termite 35
    termite 35

Jerome;hi, you could just do your research 'backwards' as it were.Find the issue(ie-the un thing)Find a non-jw source (ie-newspaper)research it on un web site- offer info as your reason for getting the hell out of there.You only need one issue(blood,un,fds not inspired ,child abuse etc)or it gets too complicated... and just say because of THIS your christian concience cannot allow you to associate with the religion any longer...be firm and sound completely resolved and disgusted and VOILA! you're out without slandering them personally and with your self esteem intact; you don't want to get all emotional and cause a ranting,embarassing scene! xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit