The 144,000 must all be selected FIRST!

by Yadirf 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

COMF

Pappasito's?

You mean the one on Lombardy Lane?

Do you realize that the main thruways on a Dallas map, showing how to get there, forms a big “A”? Look at a map. Can you see it? I certainly can. There’s something fishy about this invitation of yours, so I best decline.

Yadirf

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

SS

Have you NEVER read my signature scripture? -- Yadirf.
    If it's so important, why don't you quote it? I can't be bothered to look up references that biblists are too lazy to show. -- SS.
    Are you physically blind too. Open up your eyes, boogie man.

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Nathan Natas

Given a choice between your theology and Shelby's , if I had to choose, I'd pick Shelby's any day.
    Now why don't that surprise me?!

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

DakotaRed

Have you NEVER read my signature scripture?
    And what does that have to do with my question as to how can you claim the number of the 144,000 has not yet been sealed, yet the Watchtower teaches it has been sealed since the early thirties?
    It has EVERYTHING to do with it! If you really understood the Bible like you claim to, you would understand the real essence of the text of Daniel 11:35.

• COMF
    COMF

forms a big “A”?

Well, of course. Stands for "Alleluia". The state and Federal governments planned it that way when they drew up the blueprints. Everybody knows that. You shy away from "praise Jah", do you?

Ah, well. If your faith is so weak that it's in danger simply by being in my presence, best you stay away. I don't murder JWs and bury their bones under my house. I don't get female JWs drunk and seduce them. I don't argue in favor of things I don't believe. I don't try to force others to conform to my beliefs. I don't lie. I don't slander. I'm one darn nice guy to be around. I offered in sincerity. But if it would be too much for you to handle, being exposed to all that reality, one megadose of life as it was meant to be lived, I understand.

Keep your illusions, then. I know they're all you have.

COMF

• apostate man
    apostate man

Another one of Fridays topics to just piss us off and to get himself to reply a dozen times or so, so that he can catch up to Amazing.

There are no 144,000 that are going to be "JESUS" like. Revelations talks about 12 tribes of the children of Israel. Which tribe are you in, Friday? Can someone give me the short answer of where in the Bible it says that 144000(JW's)will be Jesus-like in heaven? You may have read this in a WT article but certainly not from the Bible.

Break the chains that bind you,
    unless, of course, you're into that sort of thing.
  • DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    It has EVERYTHING to do with it! If you really understood the Bible like you claim to, you would understand the real essence of the text of Daniel 11:35.

And again, what does that have to do with my original question of how do you claim that the number of the 144,000 has yet to be sealed, but the Watchtower teaches it was sealed decades ago?

*** w73 12/1 730 Jehovah Brings 'Sealing' of His Chosen Ones to a Close ***
    One of the Bible passages bearing on God’s activity toward his anointed ones on earth at this time is Revelation 7:1-8. There, the angels holding back the destructive winds of the “great tribulation” are told not to loose them until the 144,000 spiritual Israelites are “sealed” in their foreheads. (Matt. 24:21) What is this ‘sealing’? Some have understood it to mean that, during the spiritual “harvest,” which is “the conclusion of the system of things,” the selection of spiritual brothers of the Messiah Jesus will go on until the last year, day, hour and minute before the “four winds” begin to blow on the earth. Is this the correct understanding? No. Why not?—Matt. 13:39, 40.

Well, the ‘sealing’ here referred to does not mean the initial sealing of the 144,000, as if all of these, particularly all those yet remaining on earth, had not yet been sealed. The apostle Paul shows that this initial sealing takes place at the time of selection of an individual for the heavenly inheritance. He says to his spiritual brothers: “By means of [Christ] also, after you believed, you were sealed with the promised holy spirit.”—Eph. 1:13.

Some of the ‘remnant,’ therefore, were sealed in this initial sense before the angel was sent forth with the “seal of the living God.” The sealing that the angel does is a final sealing, a determination of the permanence of the initial sealing, so that “all [spiritual] Israel” is saved, the complete number of the 144,000 making the calling and choosing of themselves sure. (Rom. 11:26; 2 Pet. 1:10) Nearly all of these, if not all, were already sealed many years ago with the initial sealing. While it is true that some, before the sealing is permanent, may prove unfaithful and so others have to be sealed, there is no general ingathering of disciples being initially sealed at this late date. If those spiritual Israelites are to prove themselves true to God’s purpose for them, it is unlikely that God would initially seal new ones of this body of heavenly heirs at the ‘last minute.’

Either you agree with the Watchtower or you don't. If you are not abiding by Watchtower teachings, then welcome to Apostate Land. If there has been "new light" on this, please share it with the rest of us poor souls.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Bang
    Bang

I only hope that the WT society puts forth more 'understanding' and literal interpretations of revelation, like the 144,000 thing, so that people clearly realise just who they're talkin' to.

This planet has seen some pretty deluded white men in the past but I think that the WT society shows itself a clear leader in the field. I hope the trend continues and "new light" doesn't help to suck in the vulnerable.

Maybe the best thing for peoples' safety is if they clearly stand out and their agenda is not disguised or hidden in anyway. I never try to say anything at the door anymore, I'm not sure why.

Bang

• joelbear
    joelbear

Yadirf,

I find your explanation somewhat plausible. It has never made sense to me that simply the first 144,000 would necessarily mean they were the best to assist in bringing mankind back to perfection. Also, if it were simply the first 144,000, the number would have been filled up within months after Jesus died. Also, this would have opened access to this class of servant to mostly Jewish and other Middle eastern peoples in the immediate area which would deny access to Asian, African, European and North and South American inhabitants. It seems to me that the "good news" would have to reach the entire inhabited earth before either the little flock or the great crowd could be chosen.

From a logical point of view it makes much more sense that they are the most devoted 144,000. And is is plausible that it would take 2000 years or even more to choose the correct 144,000 for this job.

I do however disagree that these chosen ones could possibly become holy during their life on earth. My immediate counter to this would be the 12 apostles who clearly continued to make mistakes throughout their life even though they were certainly of the 144,000. My understanding of the word holy in a biblical is that it means perfect.

Take care

Joel

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

The 144,000 would be as kings and priests in heaven with christ for a purpose not to just hang out and lord over everyone on earth. They would have to (It seems to me anyway) have and "Exceptional" amount of understanding and compassion in order to rein as "Teachers" How else would one achieve the kind of compassion nessessary to fill a job like that unless they lived a rather full life full of obsticles and hardships?
    There is only so much knowledge a "Being" of any kind would be able to aquire from just reading it in a book.

Well thats what I think anyway and I'm comfortable with that.

Too tired to edit...pooo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit