Legally can WT forcibly remove money from KH bank accounts with out the signees permission

by joe134cd 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I just wondered if the WTBTS could LEGALLY remove the money from the congregation accounts with out the signees permission. Are the bank accounts deemed society property with the change of realestate ownership into the societies name. Legally could they get away with it if the situation arose , and if not how could they manipulate the situation so they could. Would It be another Menlo Park scenario? We will say in this example that there has been no dishonest behaviour on the part of the BOE. So who is actually in charge of the KH bank accounts.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Under most arrangements established before they wanted ALL the money, NO. They could not just take the money legally. But it's one big trusting family. It's for the trusted leaders to do the best with it. Plus, the local kiss-asses could be removed or demoted if they don't go along, then some new kiss-ass would send the money.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    In the USA, no. Absolutly not. However its a moot point in the long run since the congregation will do whatever mother asks. There is also a rumour that eventually all donations will be sent directly to the branch and the branch will pay local expenses and keep the rest...
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Yes I realise that unofficially there is a lot they could do e.g demotions, threats, removals etc. I'm talking legally here. Would this be another menlo park scenario of yes they are in charge but no they really are not.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Once something like Menlo Park or Bonham, TX (http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/197640/real-story-on-why-watchtower-society-lost-kingdom-hall-bonham-texas?page=1) happens, Watchtower changes some things. Those were so rare anyway. Most all of the members of a particular group are going to stay with Watchtower and override some "crazy independent elders."

I hope some radical things can happen that prove that wrong. I really do. Some scandal in high places maybe.

But "they" appoint the leaders locally and organizationally. It would be hard to get a majority of the elders to do something against them most anywhere. It is possible that it is brewing right now, though. There may have been some holdout congregation that kept it's money from Watchtower and haven't been found out yet. But keep in mind that Watchtower sends the C.O. who goes over the books and money is the most important one to cover. They can't hide it, so that congregation, if it exists, is defying openly or embezzling. It would be fun to see it.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

To save mega-bucks, the Org is using electronic means to spread its literature - forcing even 80 + 90 year old J.W.'s to use iPads etc.

To gain mega-bucks, the Org has imposed the "pledge" money-grab tithing scam on every congregation, but more crucially, "requesting" that each BoE only keeps 3 months KH running costs in their account, and for them to propose to the flock that all funds in excess of that amount be sent as a donation to "mother" on a on-going basis without any further approval necessary from the sheep!

The Org will be preparing to have every KH's account electronically set up to transfer all their excess funds automatically on a monthly basis, thereby ensuring that congregations such as my present one cannot retain balances of thousands of dollars/pounds!

Get ready Elders for the final phase of the fleecing! (aka the great tribulation!)

• blondie
    blondie

1) I have seen congregations fudge the books and not get caught. The COBOE and CO are not necessarily that knowledgeable nor eager to add more work to their schedule. They may hire someone to do the audit, assign a "reliable" brother to do it.

2) Legally in the US, non-profit religious corporations' monies cannot be accessed by the parent corporation (WTS) unless they dissolve lower corporation.

• Mephis
    Mephis
    In Britain, each congregation is registered as an individual charity. The trustees are typically the elders and some ministerial servants.There will typically be authorised signatories within that group who are able to access the kingdom hall bank account/s. It falls onto them to make decisions. Of course, they'd be very unlikely to kick against anything they're told to do but they don't get to pass the buck for those decisions.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When I first heard of this "new and loving arrangement", I thought wtf? What's next? How soon and how will they ask the rank and file to provide access to their personal bank accounts? Why not ask? After all, having more than 3 months worth of 'necessity' money in the bank is a form of materialism and shows a complete lack of faith in Jehovah, does it not? "Please be assured brothers, Jehovah will provide for your richly." (as he has certainly done for us)

Remember (the fetcha-gramaton) those 5 modern English letters WTBTS (without the vowel sounds) is pronounced Cult!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit