Good fruits from this forum

by Yadira Angelini 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Few weeks ago, I invited my JWs daughter for a formal dinner. I asked her to bring her closest JWs friends, including an elder from her KH.

I let her know that I didn't have any hidden agenda on my part.. that I just wanted to have a good time with her and that I wanted to honor her friends.

She asked me how many she could invite; I said no more than six.

She invited three. Like I said, including an elder.

My husband cooked a delicious meal for them... BUT JUST TWO DAYS before the event, I started to get 'cold feet'. Why? because I realized I was going to get a sharp knife on the back of my daughter, Bluesapphire, since her sister was shunning her 'big time' and she was been very sensitive about it, and so did I! The thing is, I wasn't telling Blue about this invitation, which make matters worse; so I talked it over with my husband, with my daughter, the one I live with, whom I take care because of her brain tumor. They both told me, "don't cancel"... my husband offer me to cook, so I wouldn't be to stress out.

I thought about all the threads I have read from all of you on this blessed forum. I recalled especially the ones that when I have read them in the past, I understood it was good for JWs to spend time in a regular environment with the "worldly people" so they can start thinking, "after all, the worldly people are not monsters".

The day of the dinner I was calm and happy. We all received them with an open heart. We laugh and laugh and we were all very silly telling anecdotes to each other. We embraced, we shared, we played. And we prayed before dinner at the table. I offer my daughter's friend to help her moved to her new place and she looked very impressed by me asking to help her move.

They left very content and the following day, my JWs daughter called me to thank me and she said her friends told her what a genuine love we showed them... and I owed all to this forum... what I learned here is invaluable, and I want to thank Simon and Angharad for their sacrifices, so that people can live a peaceful life among themselves regardless their differences...

Only two weeks ago, I confronted my JWs daughter with her shunning her sister; we talked for an hour and we both cried a lot. It was very deep and touching "just a motherly thing asking her why she chose to make me so sad". So, that gave me the peace of mind I needed to face my sweet Bluesapphire.

Love, and keep this board clean of hate. Instead, love, love, love and more love.

Your friend,

Yadira

• Beans
    Beans

I have a nice fruit!

Beans

• terafera
    terafera

LOL@Beans!

Yadira, I'm so happy for you! How wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

"Good fruits from this forum" MMmmMangos!!

Yadira, i'm happy dinner went well for ya'll, and you had a chance to talk with your daughter!

(¯`·.¸the agents of oblivion descend upon the sane¸.·´¯)

• Latte
    Latte

Yadira Angelini

What a lovely post! I will certainly be trying to put some of what you said into practise in my life. I am so pleased that your relationship with your JW daughter has greatly improved because of the love you have shown..…..

Not only do we get ‘good fruits in people’ on this board, we get great Fudge recipes….what more could a parent ask for! I def. be trying Heavens recipe.

Love, love and more love....

Thanks Yadira.

• Solace
    Solace

Mother Yadira,
    You are a true saint and fine example to all.
    Family is so important!
    We are the lucky ones to be blessed with your friendship.
    Now wheres that tissue, "sniff, sniff".
    Take Care everyone.
    Im off to grandmas.

• Kep
    Kep

Yadira,
    Thank you for sharing your experience with us all.
    There certainly is a loving fellowship here.
    I also have been able to enjoy time with my family despite our differences.
    In the past it was different, but now, we display a true sense of love for each other.
    My non JW cousins had respect for me in the past while I was a JW, but now there's an even stronger feeling we have for each other.
    My siblings have also been able to cultivae this same feeling for each other.
    It takes time and a willingness to talk the issues thru.
    I am glad your dinner went well.
    Peace to you and your family
    Kep

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Kep, I'm glad to hear from your experience as well. I didn't mention in my post, that I told my JWs daughter that as a mother, I keep them both my daughters warm and close to my heart, united in their mothers love; so that because of it, regardless of her desition to shun her sister, LOVE WILL THRIUMP AT THE END.

Heaven, huyyy!!! thanks for calling me mother, it is so neat... Happy Easter!

Latte, I will try that fudge recipe, blessings.

Biter mango. that is a good fruit from my Country, Costa Rica.

Thanks terafera for posting. I guess Beans consider himself a fruit, but is a bean... unless I didn't get it as usual!

Happy Easter to all, and I'll be back... I'll have my house full today.

Harmony,

Yadira

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"so they can start thinking, "after all, the worldly people are not monsters".

So very true. If some one left the congregation, everyone including me used to think that they were going away to practise some dark sin .

I have since come to realise that people are just people, mostly nice whatever their belief

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

[fluff]i believe beans was referring to his having a nice fruitage between his legs, as opposed to being fruitY.[/fluff]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit