How Can One Understand Prophecy Today?

by MDS 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hey Junior,
    MDS is not teaching anyone anything. Haven't you read the responses to his threads? People are laughing at him. His pathetic attempts at fabricating transparent theories are nothing new to the people on this board.
    BTW he seems to get awful mad for someone that tries to hard to look aloof!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Quite some time ago on another ex-JW board, there were two women (prophetesses, I might add) who appeared quite suddenly with multitudes of messages for those needing to be saved.

They called themselves The Table of the Remnant. I had saved the bookmark for their discussion board for quite awhile, but finally deleted it.....the discussions were just too weird.

They, too, were conversing directly with God. They, too, received messages directly from God. They, too, refused to answer pointed questions. Sounds to me as if MDS is of their caliber.

Did you know that God gives them direct messages as to when to assemble with other believers? It's true. When they get the message, they hop into their RV and go wherever God tells them to.

They used to have a link on their message board that took one to a site with a real, honest-to-gosh audio tape of souls screaming in Hell. Pretty impressive.

I put MDS right in with these other "prophets".

• Jr
    Jr

Hello Mommy,

Why do you belief mds is the only one person on this planet that can interpret the bible?

This is a difficult question for me to answer and I can’t fully answer it in a seating, but I will try to lay a foundation. Being that I also believe MDS as the one spoken at Isa 49:1-6 also. First of all, the scripture quotes Jesus as saying,

"Never the less, I am telling you the truth, It is for your benefit I am going away. For if I do not go away, the helper will by no means come to you; but if I do go my way, I will send him to. And when that one arrives he will give the world convincing evidence concerning sin and concerning righteousness and concerning judgment: in the first place, concerning sin, because they are not exercising faith in me; then concerning righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will behold me no longer; then concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.
    “I have many things yet to say to you, but you are not able to bear them at present. However, when that one arrives, the “spirit of the truth”, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own impulse, but what things he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things coming. That one will glorify me, because he will receive from what is mine and will declare it to you. That is why I said he receives from what is mine and declares it to you. “ (John 16:7-15)
    Now, I know we have been taught that this is the “holy spirit”, but is not. Because if it was then the disciples would have come into a full knowledge of the truth after 33C.E., but they didn’t. That is why Paul said,
    “For we have partial knowledge and we prophecy partially; but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with…….For at present we see things in a hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face to face. At present I know partially, but then I shall know accurately even as I am accurately known.” (1 Cor. 13:9-13)
    They did not have full knowledge of the scriptures or the prophecies in the first century. So, the question surfaces, “when did this full knowledge come about”? Even though you can’t understand everything we have learned, you can see that there is someone else that the scriptures is speaking about, if you examine it closely. If you can recognize this, then you are on your way to being lead by the spirit to learn more. It is an incremental process. More to come……..

Jr

Edited by - Jr on 4 February 2001 22:24:4

• mommy
    mommy

Jr,
    Since you took it upon yourself to answer a queston I directed to bjc. Would you mind answering the rest of the questions I posed?
    Thank you
    wendy

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hey, how come you guys (ya'll for you southerners!) only talk to the women on this board and won't answer a man's questions? I'm screaming sexual dissemination here!
    In response to this I feel compelled to cry out loudly to the fairer sex on this board: Beware, sisters for it is written: "But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves... self-assuming, haughty... not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness... headstrong, puffed up [with pride]... having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into discussion boards and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth."
    Now all you weak, sinful women full of various desires...e-mail me!
    P.S. Send a pic first then I will let you know where to send your questions!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Jr
    Jr

Good one, Frenchy!

Jr

• Jr
    Jr

Mommy,
    I feel so funny calling you Mommy. You ask,

Why is it he only takes the first part of a verse and drags it over to another book in the bible and then attachs it to 1/2 a verse over there and this all fits?

But, here goes. The bible is written in such a way that other scriptures are required in order for us to see what Jehovah is revealing. Case in point: Revelation 12:5 mentions a son being born by a figurative woman. The scripture says, it will rule the earth with an iron rod. Well, what are we to make of that? We cannot identify this any further without using other prophetic books to see if there is a correlation. The rest of Revelation can't help us much. For instance, lets read Isa.66:7,8

“Before she began to come into labor pains she gave birth. Before birth pangs could come to her, she even gave deliverance to a male child. Who has heard of a thing like this? Who has seen things like these? Will a land be brought forth with labor pains in one day? Or will a nation be born at one time? For Zion has come into labor pains as well as given birth to her sons.”Isa.66:7,8

See, this prophecy says the same thing with a little more detail. In fact, it identifies the women as being “Zion”. Zion, you say. Well, who is Zion? ISRAEL! Spiritual ISRAEL! How due we know? Because this is mentioned in the book of Revelation. This is to happen in the future.
    The natural Jews are no longer Israel in Jehovah’s eyes. Spiritual Israel took its place. So, Israel will expel a group of persons that will form a new “nation” of Israelites. These ones will be use by Jehovah to rule the incoming righteous new world. Yes, there will be “a new heaven and a new earth that we are a waiting in which righteousness will reside.” And the "male child" will be the new rulership. This is going to be a loving arrangement by Jehovah to keep earths affairs the way it should be.
    So, it is imperative that other scriptures are used in order that Jehovah reveals his purpose.

Jr

Edited by - Jr on 6 February 2001 9:11:23

• Jr
    Jr

Mommy,
    You asked:

Are you frightened of the ending(or way to the ending) spoken of by mds?

It’s not MDS that is bringing about the future. It is Jehovah. Most of what we learned about the new world is true. It is going to be a wonder new world that righteousness dwells. It’s nothing to be afraid of. It’s just that the “Society” did not understand the prophecies accurately. They were questing. Those that need to be afraid , are the ones that don’t recognize Jehovah’s mercy and fall into his hand of discipline. “The awesome GREAT TRIBULATION”. The bible tells us about that, “judgment to start with the house of God.” It’s those that are baptized JW’s that do not respond to Jehovah’s direction that will answer for there error. They did not listen to his own words, because of lack of faith. The great tribulation is a disciplinary period upon God’s people for not having faith in him and his word.

Jr

Edited by - Jr on 6 February 2001 9:13:39

• mommy
    mommy

Jr,
    Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I hope you all the best and a very long life:)
    wendy

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

Frenchy,

I direct your attention to Ezekiel chapters 29-32. The fate of Egypt is given here.

Ezekiel 29:19 says: "Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, 'Here I am giving to Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon the land of Egypt and he must carry off its wealth and make a big spoil of it and do a great deal of plundering of it; and it must become wages for his military force.'

Ezekiel 30:10-12 says: "This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, 'I will cause the crowd of Egypt to cease by the hnad of Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon. He and his people with him, the tyrants of the nations, are being brought in to reduce the land to ruin. And they must draw their swords against Egypt and fill the land with the slain. And I will make the Nile canals dry ground and will sell the land into the hand of bad men, and I will cause the land and its fullness to be desolated by the hand of strangers, I myself, Jehovah, have spoken.'

Ezekiel 29:10-12 says: "Therefore here I am against you and against your Nile canals, and I will make the land of Egypt devastated places, dryness, a desolated waste, from Migdol to Syene and to the boundary of Ethiopia. There will not pass through it the foot of earthling man nor will the foot of domestic animal pass through it and for forty years it will not be inhabited. And I will make the land of Egypt a desolate waste in the midst of desolated lands; and its own cities will become a desolate waste in the very midst of devastated cities for forty years; and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations and disperse them among the lands."

Ezekiel 32:9-11 says: "And I will offend the heart of many peoples when I bring the captives from you among the nations to lands that you have not known. And at you I shall certainly cause many peoples to be awestruck, and their kings themselves will shudder in horror at you when I brandish my sword in their faces, and they will have to tremble every moment, each one for his own soul, on the day of your down fall. For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, 'The very sword of the king of Babylon will come upon you.'

I still say "No Israelite was left in Egypt."

I thought about Jeremiah 44 after I put up my post but I thought I would post it later. You did not misunderstand my post other than the fact that I was thinking only of those Israelites who deliberately
    disobeyed Jehovah's word through Jeremiah.

Israel has always been disobedient to Jehovah, so it would be no stretch to know that they would be living in Egypt against Jehovah's word recorded at Deuteronomy 17:16, which reads: "Only he should not increase horses for himself, not make the people go back to Egypt in otder to increase horses; whereas Jehovah has said to you, 'You must never go back again by this way."

bjc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit