What are the JW's up to now days?

by ForbiddenFruit 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ForbiddenFruit
    ForbiddenFruit

So I left around 4 years ago, my family have pretty much left me alone after the first year of harassment, but in the last 6 months I've been hearing about 'the end' a lot again. So I'm basically wondering if anything has happened? If anything specific has gone on in the last 6 months (or few years since I've left) to make my family get all zealous about me going back to the 'truth' again? Basically want to know what's been going down with the JW's since I've left.

Thanks.

P.S. Since leaving 'The truth' I've become involved in show business, an enjoyer of alcohol beverage, a person who endugles in sex, and a person who is interested in philosophy. The JW's lied. There is an enjoyable world out there.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

they lie about everything.. The end is now where nearer than it was 100 years ago.. in 1914 ..now its 2014 soon .. it must be soon god would not have his appointed magazine company WRONG! for to much longer...

LOL ...

• Glander
    Glander

I think they are even more defensive than ever. The setbacks in growth, the increasing pedo lawsuits (it is a snowball effect once it gets going $$$), the doctrinal juggling to avoid lawsuits, blood, 1914, the internet, and the obsession with the resulting apostate "threat" are all continuing to peak.

They had a good run, but it's time to pay the piper. The only glue left is the threat of DF'ing and breaking up family units. It has come down to extortion and exploitation of the grim hangers on.

• nochoice
    nochoice

Individual witnesses still point to anything and everything to prove to themselves that the end is near!

One brother in a car group said, "well we've had a black president AND he got re-elected. Now man REALLY HAS tried every single kind of government!" As if Democracy was one thing, but Democracy-with-a-Black-Guy-In-Charge is a completely seperate kind of rulership that God must have been waiting for. Certainly, we don't want Satan to be able to say, "wait, you didn't let a black guy be president, you haven't allowed me to fully rule the world and see if I can do it better!"

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

I think they still have to read all the magazines and go to all the meetings and out in service and not be friends with anyone who isn't one of them...

And make sure not to have any fun or make to much money...

and always be thanking Jehvova for the Faitful and Discreat Slob... for guiding them to salvation through the glorious publications..

so you haven't missed Much..

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovahs witnesses are on a merry-go-round and they just cant get their finger in the big " A" ring.

smiddy

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    So I'm basically wondering if anything has happened? If anything specific has gone on in the last 6 months (or few years since I've left) to make my family get all zealous about me going back to the 'truth' again?

Have you not heard??? Armageddon is coming SOON!!!!!!!!! REAL SOON!!!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

SSDD for the WBT$.

They do however, seem to be getting even more controlling and hateful.

The washtowel and asleep! are now only a flimsy 16 pages each.

The articles are getting dumbed down.

They are being rinsed financially due to the paedophile scandals.

People are waking up.

• d
    d

I saw some Jw;s they do seem more robotic today and more controlling.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

One brother in a car group said, "well we've had a black president AND he got re-elected. Now man REALLY HAS tried every single kind of government!" As if Democracy was one thing, but Democracy-with-a-Black-Guy-In-Charge is a completely seperate kind of rulership that God must have been waiting for. Certainly, we don't want Satan to be able to say, "wait, you didn't let a black guy be president, you haven't allowed me to fully rule the world and see if I can do it better!"

Then we still need a woman, a black woman, a Chinese person, a Jew, a Muslim, etc. Jehovah must have slipped because he had a chance to put a Mormon in there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit