Snarky Question

by earthfire 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mP
    mP

3. Books. It doesn't have to be Harry Potter, they're all written by non-JW's

mp:
    You do realise that Harry Potter is a retelling of Jesus life. JKRowling has almost admitted this. SO if you cant read HP because it has evil elements then y9ou are judging Jesus life aswell..

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

This is where you can clearly see the conditioning. Just calling it hypocricy doesn't quite do it justice. I have afamily member who dables in the weed consumption. Edibles.....what have you. He isn't a model JW, but a good person through and through. He FREAKS if he hears the word apostate (usually used by me as a joke). I could easily start showing him articles about how MJ is supposed to open your mind up to the demons and all that BS. But he is conditioned to think some things are ok for him to hide, but he can judge other things (like thoguhts and disbelief) more harshly.

I honestly almost don't blame him for it. He is part of a high control group, and I did the same for quite awhile. The majority.....VAST majority of JW's give themselves passes all the time. i know servants that go see Harry Potter, Elders that enjoy the occasional cigar, families that take off meeting for "family night" at a restaurant. All of these people will be on the train of disconnection if they knew I wasn't feeling our official teachings.

Hypocricy? Yes. But its not just that.

Also, following craziness to its illogical conclusion, simply can't go well in your situation. It doesn't sound reasonable. Don't get sucked in. Stick to reason and empathy. Be better than them. You after all are the only one with control over YOUR mind. They cannot say the same.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

It's all messed up and can't be fixed on this side of Armageddon.

Basically, the world under Christ for 1000 years will gives us a historical background of what it is like to be perfect and under one religion and one governement. Even so, look how many rebel against Christ once the 1000 years is over and Satan is let loose again? So all that experience during the 1000 years, plus all the previous close to 6000 years of man's history prior to that under imperfect conditions, myriad of different governments and Satan's influence will all factor in on JUDGMENT DAY. All the outside factors and influences plus affect of imperfection will be removed from individual situations and they wll be judged for their true heart condition. The elect (1,440,000; only 144,000 are natural Jews making up 10% -- Isa. 6:13) will be people who have gone through all the trials of humanity so they will be able to show compassion and understanding. just as a former alcoholic makes a better counselor and will show more understanding to another alcoholic than someone who has never been an alcoholic.

So in the end, anyone truly "righteous" will get life. If the ratios are consistent, thus, the majority of mankind up to 2/3rds of everyone will get life. This is based on, given freedom of choice and free moral agency, that 1/3 of the angels rebelled against God, so I suspect a similar ratio when it comes to mankind.

Basically, one third of today's population will be chosen to live under the millennium of Christ. So everyone has a 1 in 3 chance of surviving Armageddon and living during the millennium. Everyone has a 2 out of 3 chance of surviving Armageddon, but only one third will live on to enjoy the millennium. The other third will die out of old age, not having qualified to enjoy the millennium, but not necessarily a wicked person either! Sort of like Moses making that last mistake and being denied entry into the promised land, etc.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

This shunning business has very little to do with them being loyal to God or being concerned about upholding his principals.. It has more to do with you you having dared to offend their own sensibilities and them having the opportunity to exercise over you what little bit of personal power they have left.

These folks will turn their backs on a lifelong friend,even a youngster who has transgressed then turn around and welcome with open arms into the congregation, someone who they know little or nothing about and have no idea what evil they may have been up to.

• mP
    mP

Lars: whats going to happen after Jesus 1000 years.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit