Will the Watchtower Society benefit from the looming financial collapse?

by redvip2000 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I can recall how they liked to point to the case of Germany, following WWII.

With its economy wrecked at the end of that war, unemployment and hardship was the order of the day into the early 1950s. It was during those years that the Dubs experienced considerable growth in that country.

However, as the German "Economic Miracle" kicked in through the '50s and '60s, this changed. Hand in hand with growing prosperity, what the WTS likes to describe as "apathy" set in.

In describing those events, the WTS was as good as saying outright that theirs is a religion which thrives on economic hardship.

Bill.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Actually, they will not be prepared, they will suffer as like it was said before, no education, no savings, and without trust in the name of Jesus, I don't know how they are going to fare ...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Jehovahs' Witnesses and the News Media both preach Armageddon.

Armageddn sells newspapers!

Warrne Buffett disagrees with your assessment.

But WTF does an old billionaire bastard like that know?

Doc

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Ah yes the economic armagedon! It is "looming" as they say. Glenn Beck made 30 million last year fear mongering with about 300 thousand dummies.

There are real problems. Lots of them. But as someone already pointed out, just because the problems are big, doesn't mean we won't find a way around them. Housing is ina mini-bubble again (at least in Cali), but the banks will be releasing more inventory. They are selling in bulk to real estate investment trusts which are in a rent and hold mode of investment. The more properties come out and are sol the more the housing will stabilize. Maybe over the course of 2 years. The US economy is strangely linked to housing. Unemployment is high, but going down slowly. Entitlements are out of control and that is being argued currently.

Lots of problems. Possible solutions. Armagedon is not coming for the US.

• hybridous
    hybridous

In the event of economic calamity, I figure the WT will gain in one way and lose in another...

The fearful will see events as 'proof positive' that the WT as right about THE END, and the Organization will enjoy new & stronger devotion from its adherents...

But also, the necessities of life will dry up contributions even further. So while the zealots may run hotter than normal, their ability to sustain the Org. will be diminished. Their usefullness will be quite limited.

• Tater-T
  • fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

But their blood-soaked Armageddon dreams STILL won't come true. So yeah they might get a boost but life will go on.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Dow Jones right up there means nothing if they are doing it by buying stocks (the Fed) and changing the rules so any trade that results in a plunge gets retracted. Playing the rules, the Dow cannot go down very much--it can only go up, and the Fed is buying stocks using money it prints (causing hyperinflation in the process). This lends more to the reasoning that it is done on purpose, not because of recklessness.

And the washtowel is going to try and get credit for helping its members. Mostly, it will be "trust in joke-hova and that thing will sustain you" that will make people afraid of leaving. People will pious-sneer, thinking they will get joke-hova to help them in exchange. Little do they know that joke-hova will never help anyone unless it is with the goal of setting up mankind for mass enslavement. Helping people was necessary in the beginning, to get that thing to be able to forcibly evict Gentile nations from Canaan, and later to make sure joke-hova's messiah would not be disrupted. These days, the messiah has supposedly already come (the second coming is to make sure we are all enslaved, nothing else)--hence, joke-hova only needs refer people to the LIE-ble instead of helping anyone. That thing will let people down this time.

What I hope for is that people simply cannot do more. No matter what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger says, if gas is 10,000 toilet papers a gallon and you only have 500 toilet papers, you are not getting more than 1/20 gallon (or around 200 ml). You cannot donate a million toilet papers into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund if you only have access to 10,000. And if you are not getting gold and silver while you still can, there is no way you are going to be donating gold or silver. If the witlesses are not allowed good jobs, they cannot make a decent income or learn barter skills.

What might be good to trap people in the religion is not good for financial stability. However, I feel the financial situation is secondary to damning souls. They really want to drain people financially--even if they were flush with cash, their job for joke-hova is to drain the flock and make sure they never enjoy anything. Hence, they would still hound and harass the flock for more money and even indebt them as technology allows. Plus, make them do more work to waste their time--which is probably why they do not do their work in the most efficient way possible.

• hoser
    hoser

As long as the printing presses at the Fed Reserve are in working order there will be no financial meltdown in the US. Inflation yes but that can be controlled by interest rates. There is an infinite supply of money. Whether it has any future purchasing power is yet another thing.

• manthedan
    manthedan

I think as if anybody, you put your money in the right investments then sure you can benefit profitably in such a volatile economy; my faith is in the power of the internet to thwart any advancement made by the WTS.

As for the stock market, well its no secret the amount of currency being printed and pumped into the banks with little to no intrest being charged; in turn these same intuitions are essentially speculating with this free money hence gains in the stock market. But looking at inflation just as recent as this morning when I went to buy some milk and OJ, and then pumping a few gallons of gasoline; tells me also that the stock market dont mean sh*t to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit