Will the Watchtower Society benefit from the looming financial collapse?

by redvip2000 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

If you have your eyes and ears open and can put 2 and 2 together, you have like many of us, have figured out that there is an impending financial collapse in the United States. The type of financial collapse that likely has never been seen.

Whether you believe this is being done intentionally by global power hungry groups bent on bringing us to our knees, in order to push their agenda, or whether it is being done out of carelessness and stupidity is hardly relevant at this point.

The writing is on the wall. Experts (and all who want to) can see it , high level officials expect it, and are already implementing the contingencies that are needed in order handle the civil unrest that will ensue.

The Watchtower society thrives during times like these, and I often wonder if, when (if) these things come to pass, it will cause a rejuvenation of sorts for the cult and a boost in membership. I hear the Org is telling all witnesses that they should stockpile food and supplies. Makes sense - I do the same. But even that, surely will be used to leverage their position as God’s organization who warned it’s people ahead of time to prepare for the times of trouble.

I can just hear it now… “Aren’t we happy that Jehovah warned us through “the slave”, so that his people could be well prepared?”

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dow Jones is right up there, does that presage a financial collapse usually ?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Cults and doomsayers generally grow in numbers as problems or percieved problems occur.

Tumult builds castles for the soothsayers offering refuge from the storm. This is not to say that I believe financial collapse is on the radar - but all cults will benefit from one, if and when it occurs. Glen Beck is waging his millions on it, expecting them to become billions.

Jeff

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Not to get off track here, but how is Glenn Beck waging his millions on it, AK-Jeff?

I have heard that some prominent economist is saying we COULD have another recession soon.

• prologos
    prologos

Dow Jones up? really? Money is down.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I try not to worry too much. We could see another depression, or changes could be made that make things better. Whatever the case, I have no doubt that the WTBTS will try to benefit. Even thought they have no idea what they are doing, they will keep hedging their bets by saying, Jehovah over and over, and God's Kingdom over and over, and times are tough, over and over.. Like Jesus can't see through that..

Yeah, things could get tough for a lot of dubs if the economy gets worse. Especially since they will refuse to work because they may miss a meeting, or field serve-us. If dubs won't miss a meeting to work, there are plenty of other people out there who want to be a janitor and feed their family.

The Elders and others who pioneer while refusing to buy health insurance will really see some hard times. If you think you deserve a free lunch, you got another thing comin'...

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think the US has seen the worst of it for some time. Has the WTS benefitted in the past few years? I don't think so. The types of jobs and education encouraged by the WTS has hit their wage-earners hard, causing declining revenue. There was an increase of attendance after 9-11 but I don't think the recent recession saw a similar increase.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Dow Jones? my my..

There is only one thing you need to know about finance: the stock market is not the economy. The Dow is composed of a basket of 30 industrial stocks that are largely impervious to the struggles of ordinary Americans.

But if you want to gauge the economy by the market, you should always look at the S&P 500, as it is a better snapshop of the market.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

There is still high unemployment. Though the stock market and housing currently seem to be doing good, we have seen how fast the markets and economy can quickly reverse. Yes the WTS feeds on catastrophes. The attenders went up after 9/11. Look at all the articles they print about "time of the end", "doomsday", and "disasters". I think the WTS would not exist if they could not keep "the end" in front of everyones eyes.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The thing is that though it has become obvious , even to me, who knows nothing of Economics, that the US economy is a house of cards, what I see is that Japan, U.K and most of the E.U, China etc etc all have huge problems to resolve.

Just because the problems are huge, it does not mean that mankind will not find a way round them.

Financial Meltdown simply cannot be allowed to happen, not in the U.S.A or even in minor countries, because all economies are inter-dependent.

What will happen is the WT will cry doom and gloom and we will climb out of the hole we are in and say "F off, you no-hopers" , because they are a drain on the economy, and add nothing, not even positive thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit